Monday, October 11, 2010

The first Darla quilt...

Darla Quilt - hanging
is finally finished. I started making the quilt top back in January of 2009!
Darla Quilt - beach
I have no idea why it took so long to finish. I even had the backing and binding fabrics all along! But, it's great that it's finished now and I'm happy to have it out of the unfinished quilts pile.
I know this quilt took a long, long time to cut out. The pieces are all different sizes and with 24 different fat quarters to cut from, it took quite a while to figure out color and pattern placement within the quilt. But, that's part of the fun, too!
Darla Quilt - folded
Darla Quilt - backing
I love this backing fabric. The colors and roses are so pretty and girly!
quilt stats:
pattern: Pink Bliss by Amy Butler (available for free at allpeoplequilt.com)
size: 52" square
fabrics: Darla by Tanya Whelan for Freespirit
Warm and Natural cotton batting
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

Hope you have a wonderful day!
~Jessica

12 comments:

Alisa said...

♥♥♥♥♥ it!!

Ellen said...

Its lovely! I'd love to curl up under it. You did a really nice job in choosing your fabric placement - nothing is predictable and I love a quilt like that. Its so cheerful!

Suzanne said...

I love it! It's also nice to see that other people have things that don't get finished for a long time... :)

tasha said...

i love this quilt! darla is such a pretty line.....i used some in my baby's nursery.

Elizabeth D. said...

Oh wow, I just love this! Love the fabrics, love the pattern, everything, beautiful work!!

Leslie said...

this is so pretty i love the fabrics

Jennifer said...

This is just beautiful! The colors all work so well together!

Jennifer :)

Ariane said...

Love it!!! It is gorgeous!!!

FabricandFlowers said...

Oooooh! Love it.

Karen said...

Love, love love your Darla quilt. They are simply gorgeous fabrics.

Catherine said...

Oh this is just beautiful and the quilt pattern perfect for showing off those gorgeous fabrics.

peppermintpatcher said...

Beautiful fabric, beautifully showcased in this quilt.