Thursday, October 28, 2010

the Flower Valley Quilt-a-thon starts

Flower Valley Quilt - the quilt-a-thon starts
I'm really tired of seeing this unfinished quilt on the counter next to my sewing machine, so last night, I sewed on the last two borders and got it all prepped for quilting! (and a big thanks to my husband for helping me pin the layers together... really, I can't believe he helped... the process did go a lot faster with 2 people!) 
It's huge... I may be quilting for days on this one (it's queen sized), and the backing took a full 7 yards of fabric!
Flower Valley Quilt - the quilt-a-thon starts
I'm going to quilt it with some diagonal lines through the squares; should be simple and easier than stippling. should be, right?! Let's just hope there's enough pins in there, this one has a lot less than what I usually use.
Ok, here's the proof... she does like my quilt after all! :) he, he
Hope you have a great evening!
~Jessica

5 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Wow, I've never thought of asking my husband to help prep a quilt for quilting! I'm going to have to give that a try! Both quilts are wonderful! Pretty and "friendly" -- you just want to curl up in them (and look at them)!

Joan

Rene' Sharp said...

Both quilts are gorgeous Jessica. I started cutting for a new quilt yesterday, and finished the cutting last night. I love your blog, it really is inspirational!! :)

Victoria Paige said...

I know what you mean about a helping hand with basting! He hasn't helped me with the basting, but he's helped me take the safety pins out! That was a big help. :)

Angela said...

I love the picture of the quilt. Doesn't that just make you so happy to see her snuggling up with the quilt you made? It is the best. And you'll have to let us know how the queen quilting goes. I am working on a queen FMF quilt, and am not looking forward to quilting the monster. :)

Rachel Hauser said...

My try at diagonal lines was a nightmare, but my squares were a lot bigger than yours. Good luck!!!