Friday, November 5, 2010

coming home table topper

coming home table topper
I'm starting to get a little anxious thinking about how soon Christmas is going to be here! So, I made this table topper last night as a gift for my mother-in-law. The fabrics are Rouenneries by French General for Moda. Not typically what I would choose, but they really are beautiful and will look great in my mother-in-law's house.

The pattern is from Camille Roskelley's new book called "Simplify with Camille Roskelley". The book is based on using pre-cut fabrics for making several different quilts, pillows and table toppers. It's a cute book and there are several different quilt patterns that I would like to try out. This pattern proved to be quite quick and easy. I had it done this far in about 4 to 5 hours, including making a pieced backing.

I changed the layout of the quilt to be a rectangular shape rather than the square that is called for in the book. The Rouenneries charm pack has 10 solid charms in it, leaving me with 32 patterned fabrics instead of the 36 called for in the book. I really wanted a more of a rectangular shape anyway and I just used the solid charms as part of the back.

I'm off to work some more on the quilting of it while my little boy naps.
*Oh no, I hear him talking already!
Hope you have a great day... we got our first snow fall here this morning!
~Jessica

6 comments:

Allie said...

Your table topper turned out really great. I think that is my favorite thing I've seen made with that line. :)

Blue.Ridge.Girl said...

Wow! I love these fabrics, they look beautiful in your table topper. I'm sure your mother-in-law will love it :o)

Angela said...

very pretty! i love that pattern. you are quick, lady! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I have a lot of Fat Quarters and a few yards of this line and keep looking at it wondering what to make with it. Love your pattern using it! I may try that.

traceyjay said...

I love Rouenneries... this is beautiful!

Jean said...

What a beautiful pattern! Kind of like a modified snowball pattern...I love it! It makes for a beautiful table runner.