Thursday, November 11, 2010

a finished table topper

Coming Home table topper - quilted
What a week it's been! My family and I came down with the flu this past week, so we're starting to recover and return back to a normal life. I finished up this little table topper before we all got sick... I knew there was a reason I had to get started on Christmas gifts right away!
Coming Home table topper - front
I tried a couple of new quilting designs with this quilt. The loopy border and the design in the white squares was something new for me. It's the same as what Camille had done on her quilt; that's why I think it's fun to use a pattern to make something sometimes. I forces me to try something else and see a quilt from someone elses perspective. Then, I can bring some of those elements into some of the quilts that I design.
Coming Home table topper - back
The backing also uses up all of the left over charms and extra yardage I had from the binding and borders.
Coming Home table topper - hanging

Coming Home table topper - folded
quilt stats:
size: 27" x 44.5"
pattern: "Coming Home" from Camille Roskelley's book called Simplify
fabrics: Rouennieres by French General for Moda, kona in snow
cotton batting
pieced and quilted by Jessica

Have a great day! Thanks for visiting!
~Jessica

8 comments:

Magnolia Bay Quilts said...

So gorgeous! And very elegant.

traceyjay said...

beautiful! I really love the Rouenneries... and I love your quilting!

Leslie said...

this is very pretty!

Karen said...

This turned out gorgeous! I really love the quilting!

Jacki said...

Very nice! I hope you guys are feeling better soon!

Rene' Sharp said...

This turned out SO beautifully. Would love this on my table!! :)

Angela said...

I agree, this is very elegant. And the quilting looks so pretty!

Millie said...

Beautiful topper and the quilting is gorgeous!