Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ornament mini quilt and Nov. bee blocks

Ornament Mini Quilt
Well, it's that time of the year again and I'm so excited to have the house decorated for Christmas! It's so fun to change things up and pull all of those decorations I haven't seen since last year.
This is a new little quilt that I'm making to hang on the wall and I thought it would be fun to make a (sort of) ornament shape and repeat it all over the quilt top.
Ornament Mini quilt
The fabrics I'm using are all from my Grandma, so this will have a nice sentimental value to it, too. All the fabrics seem really old... some of them may be feedsacks, so I've tried to pick out the ones that I like and totally mix them all up.

and here are (some) of my bee blocks for November...
Hexed In Bee block for Chris
Bee Hexed In block for Chris
Pieced Together Bee Block for Jacquie
Mid Century Modern House block for Jacquie
do. Good Stitches
do. Good Stitches block for Rachel

Thank you to everyone who has donated to {Modern} Relief! I am thrilled that we can help so many people through World Vision.

Hope you have a great afternoon!
I'll be back tomorrow with a giveaway, yippie!
:) Jessica

20 comments:

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

That ornament quilt is going to be pretty much the neatest thing I have seen all year. Can't wait to see it all done!

Cindy said...

I was looking at that same ornament shape this morning on the windows of Target and thought - mmm... that would make an interesting quilt. And look at you!!

Karen said...

I love your ornament quilt! So sweet. The last one, the pink one is SO adorable!

Karen

ktquilts said...

Love that Christmas quilt!!!

May have to copy that!!

Blessings,

KT

live a colorful life said...

I am loving all the Bee Hexed In blocks I see. What is the gray with brown polka dots? It's such a interesting combination--I would definitely buy some of it!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Your ornament mini quilt is going to be amazing - how special that you have used your Grandmothers fabric.

Jen said...

OH MY GOSH that ornament quilt is going to be absolutely AMAZING!! I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE IT DONE! Yes...I'm shouting b/c that is so awesome!! You need to do a tutorial for this one! ;)

Rebecca Johnson said...

Gorgeous ornament quilt top!! Looks alot like my curlicue quilt pattern, i just LOVE these shapes xx

Leslie said...

i am loving that mid century modern house block...that is awesome

myredbike said...

That ornament quilt idea is fabulous! I was looking for an idea for the Christmas tree skirt I'd like to make and thought that vintage ornaments would be a great inspiration.

traceyjay said...

love those ornaments! :)

(and great bee blocks too.)

Karenkayw said...

I love the ornament quilt! Such a great idea!

Crush Widow said...

I love the mini quilt! Using your grandma's fabric is so wonderful.

Mimi said...

These are soooo amazing and lovely. The ornament quilt will be gorgeous!!

La Mañosa said...

I like the ornament shapes on your wall hanging. It's nice that you're using fabrics given to you by your grandmother!

The last block with the embroidery really caught my eye--it's gorgeous!

PioneerValleyGirl said...

Great idea with the ornament quilt - it's a great design that I can't wait to see complete

Rachel Hauser said...

I'll add to the ornament quilt love. I saw the "ornament" in it right away. fun!

beth said...

WOW! those old fabrics are soooo beautiful!! This will be stunning!

MrsCreative.blogspot.com said...

The ornament quilt looks gorgeous already! How will you attached them to the main backing?

Angela said...

I love this! So fun and creative. Have you had any time to work on it? Can't wait to see the finished product.