Friday, November 19, 2010

Pinecone turkey decorations

image12 
We're coming up on Thanksgiving over here - next week Thursday to be exact.  I am so excited for family to come over and for the good food that we will eat - mmmm...the turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes- some of my favorite comfort foods that just make my mouth water thinking of them!
image20  image10
At my house we'll have a small group, probably around 8-9 people or so and with each year that we host Thanksgiving, I like to do a craft to decorate the table with.  This year I thought that turkeys made with pinecones might be fun.  We found the pinecones at a park nearby, added acorns for the heads, and made the tail feathers using a vintage flower loom and some vintage Swistraw ribbon.  I am so excited at how they turned out - adorable, don't you think?  Hope my family does too :) - Jennifer
image2-1
(if you are counting the turkeys and noticed I made 10 (and we are only having 8 or 9 people over), we're expecting a new baby in early April of next year, so I thought in future years when we use these little guys that our new addition to our family might like one to look at too!)

6 comments:

Leslie said...

they are adorable!!!!

jednoiglec said...

These are fantastic! Great idea, beautiful looks - I love it!

Victoria Paige said...

Those are just so cute!

Lee said...

Those are ridiculously adorable! My 4-year-old daughter has a pine cone collection. I wonder if I could talk her into turning them into turkeys?

Amber said...

So cute - I knew i should have brought pinecones home form TN! And congratulations - how exciting!!

Sara said...

Great idea!