Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bliss "Wild Thing" Quilt - finished!

Bliss
I'm so happy to have one more present checked off the to-do list today!
Here are lots of pictures of this quilt that's going to my Grandma later on this month.
Bliss

Bliss

Bliss

Bliss
I tried some more loopy quilting in the border areas! It's really fun to do and once you get the hang of it, it's really easy.
Bliss

Bliss

Bliss

Bliss
And, the backing is a soft flannel in one of the Bliss fabric designs. I know it will keep her warm and loved throughout the winter!

quilt stats:
size: 56" x 63"
pattern: Wild Thing by Camille Roskelley
fabric: Bliss for Moda by Bonnie & Camille, Kona in snow
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

How are you doing on any any gifts you're making?
I don't think I'm up for sewing many more gifts, but we'll see! I am pleased to have finished this one so early.
~Jessica

21 comments:

Beth Gracie said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE this! definitely my favorite that i've seen in a long time. very nice!

Rachel Hauser said...

thanks for pointing out the loopy quilting. I need to keep seeing reasons why I should learn to free motion!

Cara said...

Great job with the loopy quilting - I really need to learn how to machine quilt!

Karenkayw said...

So beautiful! I love free motion quilting!

Anna said...

so so pretty, love the pic with the crib, just gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

LOVE it! The quilting is awesome and that binding is the perfect color and print!

Jennifer :)

Quiltstory said...

Freak you are one productive chicka! It is gorgeous!

Megan said...

Beautiful! I finished a Bliss quilt for my mom recently but can't get a good photo of it. And my next quilt definitely has a date to be backed with that yummy flannel! Bliss looks great in the pattern you chose and I love your binding choice too!

NOTyourrunofthemill said...

Nice quilt candy goodness!
I had fun making Wild Thing too. Love Bliss.
I say it is NOT Christmas if I am NOT sewing Christmas Eve... I do it to myself every year.

Carol said...

I love how your quilt turned out, it is so cute and l love the loopy quilting. I bet your Grandma will love it.

Jacki said...

Great job! Thank you for making her such a nice gift from the whole family!

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Looks very cheery and soft! And having just worked with flannel -- a huge thumbs up on it being warm! The quilting is the icing on the cake!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! She'll love it! Very pretty. Thanks for all your work.
Aunt Jan

Connie said...

Beautiful quilt and love your quilting. Your grandmother will adore it!

Karen said...

It sure is 'blissfully' crinkly. (pretty bad huh?). The quilt is just gorgeous. It looks super snuggly.

Carla said...

The fabrics you picked are perfect! They really make this quilt pop.

Every time I think I'm done with my Christmas sewing, it's like another one pops up.

Anonymous said...

I know the pattern calls for using 5" charms, however your blocks look bigger. Did you use charm sqares? Your quilt is lovely; your grandmom is a lucy lady!!

Angela said...

This turned out so beautifully! I bet it is so warm and cozy with the flannel on the back. Love it, and your grandma will definitely too. :)

Nina... said...

Just gorgeous!!

Lori said...

I love the colors in this. So pretty.

Suze said...

Darling! I made a quilt using this pattern, haven't quilted it yet, thanks for the ideas!