Tuesday, December 21, 2010

a retro Christmas tree

tree edited

red edited

yellow edited



purple edited
Thought I'd share a peek at one of the Christmas trees at our house - I had fun making these ornaments with the vintage flower looms and straw that Jessica and I have collected.  The straw (some brand names are Swistraw, Strawtex and Hi Straw) is so versatile - there are so many crafts that you can do with it and sometimes you can find it in such pretty colors.  If you are looking to purchase any looms or the straw, we have had the best luck finding them on Ebay.  Anyway, just thought I'd share a little Christmas decor from our home- it's my favorite time of the year!  Merry Christmas! - Jennifer

8 comments:

Charity said...

These ornament's are awesome! I love how bright and colorful they are. After all what is old is new again.
Merry Christmas!

Jan said...

Oh, my gosh, I remember making flowers out of that straw when I was a kid, and had totally forgotten about it! Thanks for bringing up a fun memory!

Dan Rouse said...

What a great tree! The ornaments are fantastic, but the bambies are my favorite.

Beth said...

Awesome tree! I need one!

Lori said...

THose are sweet flowers and a sweet tree.

Jeannette said...

Beautiful tree & ornaments! Where can I find a tree like that???

pamela said...

Love, love, love this tree!!! It brings back memories from my childhood.

Domina said...

So cool!! But I'm really in love with the little deer and squirrel underneath. :) Too cute!