Wednesday, January 5, 2011

binding

Binding the Hope Valley Quilt
I finally spent some quality time with my sewing machine over Christmas break and finished the quilting on this quilt. I stuffed it under my ironing board last time I started quilting it, because it wasn't going too well. It's such a large quilt and when I was having problems with it right away, I just decided to let it go for a while. I must have forgotten to put on the walking foot. When I started quilting again last week, it went really well. Maybe I was just more relaxed and happy to have all the Christmas sewing projects out of the way and I was ready to focus on some sewing for me. So, for the next few nights I'll be hand stitching the binding on. It is a part of quilting that I don't mind and I get to stay nice and warm beneath the mounds of fabric. It will be a good finish to start 2011 off with.
Hope you're having a wonderful day!
~Jessica

16 comments:

Brittney said...

The quilt looks gorgeous- I love the grey in contrast with all the different colors; it really helps ground everything. Good work!

Paula said...

Pretty. I love the quilting. I haven't been quilting that long, but so far have found that my favorite part of quilting is hand-sewing the binding on. It is totally exciting to be that close to finished AND have the ability to snuggle under a quilt and watch tv.

Rachel Hauser said...

Enjoy!

Heather said...

this one is FABoosh!!

x, H

Manda said...

Still love this quilt! :)

Jessica said...

LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the finished product! :o)

live a colorful life said...

I never get tired of seeing how colors just pop against grey. Beautiful!

Karen P. said...

I love the grey background!could you tell me what color it is? thanks!

traceyjay said...

eep! so pretty!!! :)

Mrs. Darling said...

I love the time I spend sewing on binding. I can be in the main part of the house without annoying anyone with the noise and the quilt always keeps me warm!

This quilt is gorgeous!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It's a winner of a quilt!

Karenkayw said...

You used a lot of fun colors, I love the binding!

Rene' Sharp said...

It's going to be gorgeous when its finished!!!!! I also love the hand-sewing part of the binding, I find it's a wonderful way to end off the whole process :)

Lori said...

Very beautiful. I am looking forward to starting the basting on my large quilt, so that I can begin quilting, sitting under the quilt is wonderful.

Jeannette said...

lovely quilt I can't wait to see it finished!

pioneervalleygirl said...

Happy binding! The quilt looks great, that medium gray color really sets off the other fabrics