Sunday, January 23, 2011

ferris wheel block

ferris wheel block
I've been thinking about working more with sewing curves this year, so I'm getting a little practice with this block that I'll make into a pillow. Even though I've ended up hand-sewing the solid part to the pieced curve part, it will still be good practice. As you can see, it's not all lying flat and I hope that will get better with more of it sewn together (and practice).
Seems like a good project for a Sunday afternoon.
Hope you're having a great weekend!
~Jessica

ETA: For those of you wondering about the pattern, here's the link to the post at Q is for Quilter about the Ferris Wheel pattern. Enjoy! 

17 comments:

kelly said...

oh this is going to be GORGEOUS!

Lara said...

Love all the pink! Wow! What a great selection you have.

Katie said...

I can't wait to see this finished, It's going to be fabulous!

AnneMarie said...

oooh very nice! Any chance you'll do a tute on it for us?

AnneMarie @ Gen X Quilters

QuiltyGirl said...

Oh, I have never seen a block quite like this before! I love it. Much more fun than the traditional dresden plates that I have seen popping up everywhere. ;)

Little Miss Shabby said...

I love this too! May I ask where the pattern is from? =)

Bess said...

Wow that looks incredible!

pamela said...

Oooh that is purdy...I too am trying curved piecing for the very first time as of yesterdy. A little tricky. May I ask what pattern this is? I would love to give it a go.

Petit Design Co. said...

I love your version, so pretty. I followed your flickr link to the site but I couldn't find a "ferris wheel" block. Is it named something else? thanks!

Shelley said...

Just beautiful! I've got to try this myself. I'll be on the lookout for any tips from you :)

Shelley said...

I followed to flickr link to 101 Patchwork Patterns... none listed called Ferris Wheel. What did I do wrong?

Lindsay Széchenyi said...

SO BEAUTIFUL.

Lurline said...

Just lovely - looking forward to seeing more!
Hugs - Lurline♥

sewmod said...

OMG I love this! I'm going to have to do one too:)

Anita said...

What a great idea, I just love your fabric selections.

Rachel Hendrian said...

Oh my gosh, I love LOVE this!! I will so be making one! Thanks for posting a link to the pattern :)

Melissa said...

Wow, its stunning!