Monday, January 10, 2011

Flower Valley Quilt - complete!

Flower Valley Quilt - complete
Well, here it is... finally finished! I had three evenings last week that I spent hand stitching the binding after the kids went to bed. It was so nice to see the end of a project in sight.
Flower Valley Quilt - quilting
I wasn't sure how I was going to like the gray border that I put around the quilt, but I like it now. It really only shows on the sides of the bed and gives it all a nice frame. The quilt was even long enough to cover our pillows... since I haven't finished the pillow shams, yet.
Flower Valley Quilt - side
What a great finish to start the new year with! This quilt has been a long time in the making and I'm really glad to have it off my to do pile. I think I'll dig out the pillow shams next and finish those up... that's what I used the floral medallion blocks for.
~Jessica

quilt stats:
fabrics: Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt with various others mixed in, Kona in Medium Grey
pattern: my own super simple design
size: approx. 89" x 101"
cotton batting
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

31 comments:

Rene' Sharp said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!! Also can't wait to see how your Parasols quilt is going to turn out, thanks so much for the inspiration, I LOVE visiting your blog!! :)

Leslie said...

this is stunning

live a colorful life said...

This is really beautiful, especially against the color of your walls!

Heather said...

hot damn! it's just one serious heartbreaker!! fantastic!!

x, H

O'Quilts said...

This is a very nice quilt...simple and beautiful. Good job!

LT said...

Awesome! I love the bright colors on grey. And the orange binding is the perfect finish.

Karenkay said...

I love your quilt. The color choices are perfect!

Domina said...

Looks awesome!! I can't wait to see some pillow shams finished with it!

chrisanne325 said...

I have been coveting this fabric forever. After I saw your post I ordered it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Leila said...

It is beautiful! The floral shams will be perfect!

kelly lautenbach said...

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

Karen said...

Stunningly beautiful! I love how the gray fabric lets the colors shine!

heather said...

LOVE it!!! I need to remember that there are other colors besides white. Very pretty!

Paula said...

Gorgeous. I particularly love the shot of the bed with the quilt and the window outside looking into the snow. It just makes the quilt look that much more coze.

Jennifer said...

It's perfect! YOu did a fabulous job!

Jennifer :)

QuiltyGirl said...

I love it! For some reason when I made my hope valley quilt I wasn't paying attention to the shrinkage factor, and it ended up a bit narrower than I wanted. :(

Domestic Moose said...

Wow, that looks fantastic. I think I'm liking gray more and more.

traceyjay said...

it's so vibrant and beautiful!! :)

wow. I love how this showcases the Hope Valley. :)

Manda said...

Beautiful!

Alexandra said...

This is the quilt that made me realize how much I love Hope Valley. Such a lovely quilt! I want one of my own! :)

Purple Quilter Queen said...

I love your color palette for this quilt. The grey just seems to make them pop! So pretty! Lvoe that zip of color on the binding too. Jenn

Brittney said...

Gorgeous! What a great way to start 2011 :)

POPPY SEED FABRICS said...

love it!

Angela said...

Oh, it is sooo beautiful. I love the line, and the gray is just perfect. The quilting turned out so beautifully! I need to get started on my queen.

Oh, what did you use for the back, did i miss that?

Jona said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt! The grey is just the perfect color to let all the other fabrics shine. Gorgeous!

Alisa said...

It looks fantastic! Nice job.

yellowfish said...

I love the design and the way the colors pop! beautiful!

Marit said...

I just LOVE this...

Katy said...

Beautiful! The colors really pop.

Knitterella said...

Whoa! That is awesome. I never would had thought gray but I so LOVE it!

Kate @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I'm not a huge Hope Valley fan but your quilt is beautiful! Looks great on your bed, too. :)