Well, here it is... finally finished! I had three evenings last week that I spent hand stitching the binding after the kids went to bed. It was so nice to see the end of a project in sight.
I wasn't sure how I was going to like the gray border that I put around the quilt, but I like it now. It really only shows on the sides of the bed and gives it all a nice frame. The quilt was even long enough to cover our pillows... since I haven't finished the pillow shams, yet.
What a great finish to start the new year with! This quilt has been a long time in the making and I'm really glad to have it off my to do pile. I think I'll dig out the pillow shams next and finish those up... that's what I used the floral medallion blocks for.
fabrics: Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt with various others mixed in, Kona in Medium Grey
pattern: my own super simple design
size: approx. 89" x 101"
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica