Monday, January 31, 2011

Ok, now I'm really obsessed with those Ferris Wheel blocks...

A few of the scrappy Ferris Wheel blocks- WIP
I started making a couple of these Ferris Wheel blocks over the weekend using some of my small scraps... not like I really need another quilt to start, but for some reason this one was drawing me in plus the drawer that I keep my scraps in was so full that I couldn't shut it anymore, so this project should be perfect.  I thought Kona Charcoal would set off the bright colors well, so I'm going to use that for the background as well.  Maybe I'll get to making 12 of them or so- this has been a great project because I hand sew the arches and it has given me a chance to do a little sewing while watching the kiddos.
Scrappy Up close Ferris Wheel Block- WIPScrappy Ferris Wheel block - WIP 
Here are a couple more pictures... thinking this will turn out really pretty!  Here is the link in case you want to get the pattern at Q is for Quilter (It is the same link that Jessica posted a few days ago for her pillow she made.)

 Here is the one that I finished up for a pillow to coordinate with the Parasols Quilt.... just need to finish the back for it yet :) - Jennifer
ferris-wheel-block-2

19 comments:

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Oh WOW!!! Those are really stunning. Can't decide if i like the white or the charcoal better! They are both really eyecatching! Well done

Erica said...

I love this pattern! Your quilt is going to be amazing!

howtobejenna said...

So cute! I can't wait to give these blocks a try! Great work!

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is amazing! And your big stitch quilting just makes me so happy.

Christie, Describe Happy said...

Very pretty and I adore the shape of them. Using scraps is a great part too! Looking forward to seeing more!

Jessica @ Common Threads said...

Those look great! Can't wait to see more.

Dianne said...

AMAZING!!! Love it!

pioneervalleygirl said...

these are beautiful! I like both the light and dark combinations

Teeeeeena said...

I love the pattern, the colour, and the stitching. I think the stitching highlight the ferris wheel. What kind of thread do you use? DMC floss?

Amelia said...

I don't blame you for being obsessed .... when they look so gorgeous :)

Four dogs and one quilter said...

Beautiful, will have to give it a go. Thanks for the link to the pattern.

TaraB said...

I love the ferris wheel - can you do a tutorial or point me to a pattern?? I also love the parasols quilt! I want one!!

Lori said...

I can see why- they look so fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! They are both really cute. I love the little embroidery stitches.
Love, Aunt Jan

Sylvia F said...

I have printed the pattern but wanted to find out how big you had the templates and if you had hand sewn all the pieces?
Sylvia F:)

sewkatiedid said...

I love the stitchin.'

Anonymous said...

i can't seem to be able to get to the pattern via the link you provided...i would really love to see the pattern...your blocks are beautiful!!

twin fibers said...

anonymous: I just tried the link and it worked for me. Maybe you can try it again. :) Jessica

Melissa @ Happy Quilting said...

Hi Ladies,

I am just wondering, is this raw edge applique or do you turn the ends under. The pattern doesn't say anything about it but the pieces make it look like you do. I was thinking about doing a block for a bee I am in. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated :)