Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Farmdale Quilt - finished

Farmdale Quilt - A
Here's my Farmdale quilt all finished. I started it last October and really wasn't loving it then, but I sure do now. The colors are nice and bright, and even though the pattern is quite busy, it sure gives you quite a lot to look at within the quilt.
I've always liked the modified Bento Box quilt that Ashley made a while ago and that's what inspired me to pull out some fabrics and make one of my own. It's not a hard pattern to make, you just make really large square within square blocks and then chop them up into quarters. Rearrange them and sew them back together into a quilt top.
Fardale Quilt - B

Farmdale Quilt - C
I chose some simple outline quilting and a really dark brown espresso color for the binding. I've been trying to use what I have from my stash this year and this color seemed to fit well with the quilt. I like how frames the blocks; I think it would have been too busy if I chose a print fabric for the binding.
Farmdale Quilt - D
Farmdale Quilt - back
 the back - pieced with an extra block
The quilting almost lined up perfectly with the front! That was a fun surprise. :)
Farmdale and Color Story Quilt
Up next, I'll tell you about the quilt on the right in this picture!

Quilt Stats:
size: 50" x 68"
pattern: modified Bento Box (similar to Ashley's at Film in the Fridge)
fabrics: mostly Farmdale and some others prints mixed in, Kona solids in snow, olive, moss, red, aloe, espresso
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica
~Jessica

20 comments:

Tiffany @ Another Pie In The Sky said...

The quilt is beautiful! I love the colors and the fabric! It really is a stunning quilt. Thanks for sharing it with us.

NĂºria said...

I love everything of this quilt, colors, fabrics, blocks, I simply love it! Congratulations from Catalonia.

Anna said...

ooo, jessica, I love this. I've always wanted to try this bento style block, but haven't gotten around to it. Just beautiful, the colors, the quilting. :)

ktquilts said...

Awesome quilt!! Missed out on Farmdale, and my lower lip sticks out every time I see it in such a yummy quilt!!
;0)

Jacki said...

Georgous Jess! This is one of my favorites!

teje said...

Wonderful quilt! I love the pattern and the colours are really delicous! Pink and green is just so lovely together!

Jessica said...

I love it! The colors are so bright and cheery!

pamela said...

I just love this quilt. It makes me think of Spring and that makes me sooo happy!!!

Suzanne said...

It's beautiful! I love the colours and pattern. I'm actually working on a Bento Box quilt right now - not a modified version though.

Rachel Hendrian said...

Love it! Wish I had the attention span to finish a quilt!

free indeed said...

You did a great job with mixing the solids in with the prints...just enough to rest the eye and not be over busy. The binding was also a great choice..I think it's perfect! Wish I made such spot on decisions...

Bailey said...

The binding color was the perfect choice, I love it! The whole quilt is beautiful!

Karenkay said...

Great colors!

Megan said...

Love it, as usual! :)

Sew Sane Jane said...

don't get me wrong - I like the front of this quilt.
but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the simlicity yet complexity of the back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go back and re-do like half the the backs that I have done! Beautiful!

Leslie said...

this is so gorgeous....what a beautiful bunch of fabrics too!!!

Erica said...

beautiful...the colors are amazing.

jodi@Pleasant-Home said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this quilt!

Angela said...

you are on a roll with these quilts! I can't believe how many you are getting done! This one is so fun. Great way to display this fun line of fabric

Karen said...

I absolutely love this. Have been looking for a design using black and whites eg black on white, white on black and tone on tone blacks. This might be okay perhaps I will do a trial block.