Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Heartfelt garland

Heartfelt garland 
I've not decorated much for Valentines Day before, but I saw a couple cute garlands online and thought I'd give a try at making one.  They really are quite a fun project and it was nice to work some different embroidery stitches into a small project.
Heartfelt garland bYesterday I had a bit of time to play around with some materials - I ended up using some left over felt that I had bought for another project, a little Pearl cotton, a few beads and a couple pink straw flowers that I had made a while back.  I don't have a pattern for any of the hearts, just went with my imagination and hand cut them out and decorated them.  I also finally cut into some of my cuckoo clock fabric that I had printed up at Spoonflower... the colors were perfect for this project.
Heartfelt garland a
Maybe you'll be inspired to make one like it?  Here are a few of my favorite hearts... - Jennifer
heart 2heart 2heart 4heart 1

10 comments:

9patchnurse said...

I love it! I tell myself every day that I should make something Valentiny for February but I haven't done it yet. And my birthday is in Feb so I really shoud. I think this weekend I'll make a heart garland, I have lots of pretty pink fabric to play with. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anita said...

OMG, that is so sweet.

Flossie and Tom said...

They are beautiful - I love your fabric - the colours are amazing X

Caroline@ToffleCraft said...

Oh they are so adorable! I love the cuckoo clock fabric in particular :-)

Rachel Hauser said...

Love how it pops on that paint color!

heather said...

can i just say FANTASTIC!!! you have inspired me once again!! thank you

Helen Philipps said...

Such a delicious garland! I love the cuckoo clock fabric too. Helen x

Angela said...

This is so cute! I love the hearts, and the cuckoo clock fabric goes perfectly.

wishes, true and kind said...

Beautiful garland! Last year my husband and I were at the coast for Valentine's Day, and I bought a cheap garland at a dollar store to "decorate" the bedroom. Pretty tack compared to yours :D

desertskyquilts said...

Love your garland! The hearts are terrific and it looks great all strung together.