Monday, February 14, 2011

Saltwater Taffy Quilt

Saltwater Taffy Quilt - layout
Hi everyone!
I've got a new quilt underway that I thought I'd share with you today. One of my goals this year is to make a quilt for each of my little boys. My oldest son is having a birthday in March and I'd really like to have this one done for his party. I'm not sure if he will be too thrilled with this as part of his gifts (he will be 8 yrs old), but I do know he loves to grab a quilt to wrap up in when he gets up in the morning, so now he will have his own.
So, both the quilts will have the same fabrics. One will have an orange print border (as you can see in the picture below) and the other one will have a green print border. I'll have to have that one finished by April for my little guy's second birthday. :)
The pattern (called Saltwater Taffy by Fig Tree & Co.) is going well, but it sure does take some time to sew this one. There's a lot of trimming and stitching, but I sure do love the pattern, so it's well worth the effort.
Saltwater Taffy Quilt - progress
I've got all of the center blocks done and I'm going to work on sewing it together and making the orange border pieces today.
I have also finished up a couple of other quilts this past week that have been some projects in progress for quite a while. It's sunny out now, and I think I'll take some pictures of them to share later in the week. It feels great to have some more things off the to-do list, because I really want to start on my Single Girl quilt! Have you seen that there's a quilt along starting today? I have my fabrics picked out, I just want to get this birthday quilt top stitched together before I start anything else.

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!
~Jessica

14 comments:

dq said...

I wish I were the recipient of either quilt. They are adorable.

Live a Colorful Life said...

This is super cute!

Thea said...

this is really nice. Is there a tutorial somewhere?

aneela said...

Oh I just love this, especially in the KJR.
It's going to be a beauty!

Mary said...

I love it so far! Great idea for those Katie Jump Rope fabrics!

Megan said...

I've got baby boy quilts on the brain right now (just in case!) and this one is going to be adorable!

Erica said...

I love this pattern! I want to make a quilt for both of my girls and I have been searching for the perfect pattern...I think I may have just found it:) Your quilt is so beautiful!

Kristie said...

I love this pattern, and it looks great with the Katie Jump Rope!

Cindy said...

Very cute! Love seeing the same pattern with a whole new look. I'm going to have to get that one!

traceyjay said...



you make me want to tackle this pattern. :)

Lara said...

Love!

teje said...

Hi Jessica! Your quilts for your boys are going to be really beautiful and unique! I love the fabrics and the pattern looks wonderful!
Have a lovely time! Teje

Jenniffier said...

I just bought this pattern. I have been "loving it" since I saw the preview of it in on the fig tree blog. Your progress is looking wornderful . I am glad see some else really enjoys this pattern.

Kim said...

I think I just found the pattern I've been searching for for my daughter. I love it! And you're going to LOVE quilting the single girl. It's my favorite so far.