Monday, February 28, 2011

Single Girl Progress

Single Girl Blocks 4 of 16 done
I made some progress on my Single Girl Quilt this weekend. I managed to get the first 4 blocks done. It's coming together really well. For me, spray starching the pieces before cutting them out has helped a great deal in the stretching and fraying of the fabric!
Single Girl Block
I'm not sure how much I'll be able to work on it this week, as my oldest son has a birthday on the 3rd and I've totally procrastinated with planning a party and school treats for him. The quilt I started for him was brought to a quilter this morning. It won't be done for his birthday, but I'll surprise him with it afterward. We've just had a few busy weeks and bringing it to someone else to quilt will help me out and get it done.

Hope you're having a great Monday! Thanks for all the kind comments about my Single Girl Quilt, I'm so looking forward to seeing what it looks like with all the blocks.
~Jessica

21 comments:

Carol T said...

Your blocks look great. My older brother's birthday is the 3rd too.

Lindsay Conner said...

This looks great! I love all the Flea Market Fancy and the other fabrics you paired it with. :)

Monet said...

Looks great so far! Can't wait to see your finished product!

Beth Gracie said...

this is looking fabulous! i love your son's quilt also.

Angela said...

how fun is that! it is going to be a great quilt.

Alisa said...

Your blocks look great so far!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Just saw another one on quiltedbydawn.blogspot.com - Thanks for the inspiration!

epban said...

It's gorgeous!

RED PEPPER QUILTS said...

Loving these blocks!

Jo @ a life in lists said...

It looks fantastic! I'm only doing a baby size, so I'm hoping to be done fairly quickly with mine, but I'm loving seeing some of these bigger quilts coming together.

Leslie said...

this is so pretty!!! i love it

Jeni said...

looking so great so far! good idea on the starch, wish id done that! :)

Cindy said...

Gorgeous!!

The Rx quilter said...

Beautiful so far...the blocks look like they are laying flat and perfect. Great job. I have all my 'supplies' but haven't the courage to start yet! Lisa in Texas

Jen said...

W.O.W....so perfect! The fabric is such a great choice for this quilt! And your squares are sooooo perfect! I wish I had enough confidence to even attempt this, but I know my skills and curved piecing would be a disaster, I'm afraid! ;)

SewSara said...

awesome! looks like a great scrap-busting quilt.
speaking of which - you gals should come join my fabric scrap swap! :)

sewsara.blogspot.com

Erin @ two more seconds said...

Oh, it looks so pretty! I can't wait to get started on mine :]

Chrissie Grace said...

These are gorgeous!!

amandajean said...

that is really really nice. it's perfect!

Nova said...

It's looking wonderful! :)
x

Heather said...

It is really pretty. I love that fabric. I've never used the starch, I have a bottle of it too, time to break it out and give it a try.