Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ferris Wheel Quilt update

Ferris Wheel Quilt - WIP 
Jessica came over this past weekend and while the big kids and dads went skiing, she and I stayed back with the little ones and worked on my ferris wheel blocks.  It was so nice to have some help with them as I was a little burned out on them.
Ferris Wheel Quilt - WIP
So far there are 4 blocks done and I have 5 more that just need pressing and to be appliqued to the background.  Thinking that this quilt might be just 9 blocks or would be really nice with 3 more added for length... not so sure yet what I am going to do with it.  Jessica and I both thought this would be a really cute twin size quilt for a little girl, but I don't know if I have the ambition to quite make it that big...  Anyway, thought you might enjoy seeing some pictures of the progress on it.  Hope you are having a good day! - Jennifer

 Note: initial post about Ferris Wheel blocks is here along with a link to where we found the pattern.  If you happen to remember, I had some hand stitching on them and decided to take it out... thought it would be too busy.

15 comments:

Amelia said...

It's looking stunning! I can't wait to see it when it's all done!

pamela said...

I agree, these are truly stunning!! I miss the hand stitching. It really set them off. Oh well, if you didn't like it that is all that matters.

Pamela.Adams62@gmail.com

Mitzi said...

Gorgeous! The background just sets it off. Great job!

Sew Sane Jane said...

Oh, I just love this! The dark background really shows off all the wonderful colors! LOVE IT!

Karin said...

it looks like the q is for quilter website is GONE. Maybe now, you need to be the caretaker of this wonderful vintage pattern and share it with the rest of us that didn't download it in time? LOL :) It's wonderful!

Charity said...

The website is still there, it's just qisforquilter.com. She just posted something yesterday.

Anyway the ferris wheel looks wonderful. But I could see how one could get burned out. Maybe it's just a slow and steady type of quilt instead.

Alisa said...

It looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished!

Rachel Hauser said...

Looking great! And, I agree, it would be lovely on a twin bed. Wow, how much do twin bed quilts go for, I wonder? Ought to be a lot!

Jo @ a life in lists said...

What a sweet pattern - I love patterns that are old-fashioned-but-modern, and this one is the perfect mix.

Andi said...

Absolutely stunning!!

Chrissie Grace said...

I am seriously drooling right now...this is gorgeous!

Shayla Sharp said...

So stunning! You've really done wonderful work here!

RETRO-fabulous said...

What a gorgeous quilt!Love your fabric choices.

Kym said...

This is beautiful! I'm new to quilting & see at least 5 different lines of fabric in there, did you buy it as pre cuts or yardage? I'm having trouble building my stash in the most economical way.

Beth Gracie said...

i am so IN LOVE with this quilt and i'm trying to sew one block for a pillow from the same pattern. but HELP please! i have the entire ring sewn and the center flower sewn, but i'm not sure how they are supposed to join??? the instruction were a little ambiguos to me. bethgracie@live.com