Friday, March 18, 2011

Needle Books

Needle Books - open
Are you in the mood for a quick, fun project?
My daughter and I made a few of these needle books up last week as some gifts for friends and one for each of us to keep. We followed Sew She Sew's tutorial found here.
Needle Books
K chose the bird fabric with the bright colors. Now she will have a place to keep some hand sewing needles with all of her other sewing supplies. It's funny, she already has a little pile of fabric that she calls her "stash". When I was gone last weekend visiting Angela and Jeni, she went shopping with some money she earned and came home with a few fat quarters to add to her pile.
Needle Book - open
 I think the little needle book will be great for traveling and the pockets on the inside are nice and deep to hold extra supplies.
The snow is melting here and it's almost gone out of my yard! I'm starting to see some of the daffodils peek through the ground and it makes me so happy to see that. We enjoyed playing outside yesterday in the warmer temperatures. Getting the bikes, scooters and sandbox toys out of storage is a good thing.
I hope you have an enjoyable weekend!
~Jessica

12 comments:

Michele said...

I love your needle books. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Karenkay said...

So adorable ...thanks for showing us!

Rachel said...

This may be a great project to do with my 9 year old daughter.

Sherry Edwards said...

Your needlebooks look great - good choice of funky fabrics. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

I was so needing this needlebook last night! What a cute idea. Her tutorial seems super easy. Will have to try it. Would make a great little gift for a couple of my quilter friends. thx! Great blog too. Jenn

Shannon said...

what a neat idea! I've just started hand embroidery and can never.find.my.needles! and i love love your fabric choices...never seen those before!

Manda said...

These are very cute! Thanks for sharing the tutorial link :)

Jenny said...

I keep telling myself I need a needle book. I lose needles like crazy and with two little kids that's not good. Your needle books are so cute I have more than enough reason to take the plunge. Completely adorable. Love the extra pocket, too!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! They're so cute! I'm definitely going to make one (or two). Thanks for the link.

Rebecca Johnson said...

Oh They are gorgeous!! Im going to pop over and make some for sure... I think your needle books are the cutest ones on the whole net!! xx

Pamela Nees said...

I have made one of these (using my own pattern) and love the whole Idea of them. I also have one of my grandmother's (circa maybe 1930???) and love it. The outside fabric is a silk brocade and the shape is a circle! It's lovely.
What I like about yours is the inside pockets! Genius!

rachel griffith said...

i SO need one of these, but making it...ugh.
lol.