Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Scattered Scrap Quilt

Scattered Scrap Quilt - corner
Scattered Scrap Quilt - complete

I love making baby quilts. You can make them and finish them in such a short amount of time. Maybe that quick sense of accomplishment is needed sometimes. :)

There's another installment of { Modern } Relief being organized to help Japan and this quilt is going to that group. The group is growing by leaps and bounds and I'm happy to be involved in an opportunity to help the people of Japan. There will be many more details to come when it all gets organized and the events kick off in April.
Scattered Scrap Quilt - rolled
Scattered Scrap Quilt - backing
I love scrappy bindings, don't you?
Even though the quilt is made with scraps, I still think it's really special. Working on this quilt last week gave me some quiet time to think about the events of the week. I've been wanting to make a simple quilt like this for a while and I'm glad I took the time to do so.

Quilt stats:
size: approx. 34" x 39"
fabrics: scraps cut into 3" squares
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

...and some wonderful news is that Jennifer gave birth to a little girl on Sunday night! Little H is simply adorable and oh so tiny (at least for a baby in our family... she weighs just over 6 lb.'s). Jennifer and H are doing great and I love that I have another niece to sew cute dresses for!
~Jessica

15 comments:

Angela said...

This is so pretty, I love a scrappy quilt. You are very fast, my dear!

And big congrats to Jennifer!

angela said...

Congratulations Jennifer!!!!

And that's a wonderful scrappy quilt!

Sonia said...

I LOOOOVE scrap quilts. I think they are so much more interesting than the matchy matchy type. great job!

Karenkay said...

Very cute quilt!

Erin @ two more seconds said...

You are fast! This is a gorgeous quilt!

And yes, congrats to Jennifer and baby H! :]

Alisa said...

Congratulations Jennifer! Enjoy your little one.

Jody said...

That's wonderful news about Jennifer!!! Beautiful quilt as always Jessica:)

Jo @ a life in lists said...

Congratulations to Jennifer!

That's a lovely quilt (and for a great cause), and the scrappy binding is very cool - I am a recent convert to scrappy binding for pretty much all quilts :)

Manda said...

Aww congrats to Jennifer! Quilt is beautiful!

Amber said...

It's beautiful - and yes, I'm amazed at how big the group is now....Congratulations Jennifer and family!

Jan said...

That is stunning. I love the scrappy look. And what is that backing fabric? Love it!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Such a cute quilt. Yes, I LOVE scrappy binding!

Faith said...

Love the quilt - and BIG congratulations to Jennifer!

twin fibers said...

Thanks, everyone!

Jan - the backing is from Heather Bailey's Freshcut collection. :)

~Jessica

Karen said...

What a great baby quilt! And it would be so easy to put together in a hurry!!! Thanks for the idea!