Friday, March 25, 2011

Wonky Star Quilt - Pieced Together Bee

Wonky Star Quilt - Pieced Together Bee
Thanks to everyone in the Pieced Together Bee, I had these wonderful star blocks to use in a quilt. I pulled them out a couple of nights ago and decided to sew them together as they were. I had planned on putting some blocks in between each star block, but decided that probably wouldn't look the best. The amethyst color that I had purchased for those blocks was the perfect size for the backing, so I used it for that instead.
Wonky Star Quilt - Pieced Together Bee

Wonky Star Quilt - Pieced Together Bee
I really like the shapes formed by the borders and strips of fabrics people added to their blocks. It makes for an interesting quilt to look at (at least I think so!).
Wonky Star Quilt - Pieced Together Bee
Thanks again to everyone in the Pieced Together Bee. It was fun to spend a year making quilt blocks with you and I'm happy to have my memento of our year together finished.

Now, I've procrastinated long enough on those two huge piles of foam in my basement. This weekend they are getting their covers made so I can deliver them (and get them out of my house). Wish me luck!
{It may be a long weekend for me!}
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: 36" x 48"
fabrics: Rainbow Garden by Prints Charming, Kona in ash and amethyst (backing)
pieced by members of the Pieced Together Quilting Bee
quilted and bound by Jessica

20 comments:

Manda said...

ooo yes love the wonkiness!!
Hope you get those covers sorted and still have some time to enjoy your weekend!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this quilt. The negative space next to the wonky stars is really unique!

Jennifer :)

Thea said...

that is really beautiful!

ScrappinSassy said...

What a cute quilt!! I Love it!!!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It turned out gorgeous!

Karenkay said...

Cute! I haven't tried the wonky stars yet!

Leslie said...

this is beautiful and so fun!!!

Dan (Made by a Man) said...

Love the wonky stars! I think the extra borders and pieces make it interesting too. I really like that corner piece where the star looks cut out from the border.

Bailey said...

This is fabulous - I love it!!

Victoria Paige said...

It's great. Love the bright color against the Kona Ash background.

Amelia said...

I love this!! I'm currently making a single girl quilt out of many of the same prints. Such a happy quilt :)

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

That star "echo" is really cool! It makes you look twice. I love it.

Amber said...

It's beautiful - I love those Prints Charming fabrics - the scrappy binding is gorgeous!

Teje said...

Hello! You have made art! I love this quilt and I think it's really fantastic and special! All the wonky stars and the 'negative' star is so beautiful!

Amy said...

Pretty!

MandMStudio said...

Lovely

PS: I shared this with my readers: http://mandmstudio.blogspot.com/2011/03/lovely.html

Cheryl Arkison said...

I am so happy you went with it this way. I'm biased, as a contributer, but this is the way I would have set it too. I couldn't picture it any other way. Yet, it is even better than anything I could have pictured.

Diane said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors that you used for your bee.

Karen said...

Too cute!

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

This is really great. I hope you don't mind I shared your picture on my blog (from the flickr picture) I've linked back to your blog too. Thanks for sharing! It's inspiring me to do some more wonky stars! (Oh and it's posted on my wordpress blog, this is my blogger ID)