Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kids Clothing Week

So, I saw over at elsie marley, that the Kids Clothes Week Challenge is coming up, and I think that totally inspired me to make some little girls clothes this week. Sometimes it's really nice to have a quick project to sew that you can get done in a few hours.
Maddie tank top
 This is an adorable pattern by Sis Boom (called the Maddie Dress/Top). I think it's so cute with the ruffles at the top that I cut out another one this morning!
This tank is the smallest size (6-12 months) and the fabric from the Nicey Jane collection by Heather Bailey.
Popover Sundress
And this is the Popover Sundress from Oliver & S. It's a free pattern (found in their sidebar) and I've made this dress a few times. This time, I cut my bias binding from the tutorial by Jona (found here). It worked great, if you don't mind a few seams in your binding. That way, I could cut up a fat quarter of fabric instead of 3/4yd of fabric.
Popover Sundress
 
sundress hem
  I wanted to keep the length of the dress, so I decided to cover the hem with the bias binding, too. That worked great and I think it looks cute, too.
This dress is size 5 and the apple fabric is from the Farmers Market collection by Sandi Henderson and the floral is from the Denyse Schmidt Studio collection.
 
I hope you are having a good week!
I did finish up my Single Girl quilt top earlier this week and if the sun stays around I may be able to get some pictures of it outside. I need my helpers to come home and hold it up for me. :)
~Jessica

6 comments:

Karenkay said...

adorable patterns...I love what they have over there at Sis Boom!

Regina said...

Love that top! I've been on a making my daughter dresses kick lately so I rushed over to see the pattern. I have to say that yours is 100 times cuter than the one on the pattern!

Very cute dress too. I love the Oliver + S patterns. I didn't realize they had free ones. Must check it out.

Erin @ two more seconds said...

Oh that DS fabric is perfect in that sundress! So cute!

Angela {fussycut} said...

both are amazing! I am especially fond of that little tank. ;)

Faith said...

Wow, those are adorable!

Karen said...

Just love those little girl patterns...alas, I don't have anyone small enough to make them for!!! :(