Monday, April 11, 2011

quiet

I know... it's been a little quiet around here this past week.
My kids were on Spring Break last week, so I did my best to keep them entertained and I've been working on a couple of projects for a book. Which is really fun and hopefully I can share more about those projects this fall! I'm to the pattern writing part of the job, so I hope that goes smoothly and I can check that off my to-do list.
Speaking of to-do lists, I've really been working hard at checking off projects on my list the past few months. I started out the year by writing down all of my in-progress quilts and projects. I'm down to 4 quilts that need to be finished and one quilting bee block to make. I feel a lot better having that written down. I can then decide to finish something off the list and plan a time to start some of the other quilts I would really like to make.
My daughter has also done a little sewing over her break. She took a charm pack of fabric and made this wall hanging for her room. I told her how to make a disappearing nine patch pattern and she took off and made the quilt top! I just helped her with the basting and binding. :)
My daugters disappearing nine patch quilt
She wanted to make sure I was going to share her quilt on my blog! 
Of course, I am incredibly proud of what she creates.
My daugters disappearing nine patch quilt
the fabric is Giddy by Sandy Gervais for Moda

I've also been thinking about a quilt-along and showing how to make my Mod Times quilt. It's a quilt I've had a lot of questions about and people wanting a pattern, so I thought it might be fun for a quilt-along. Anyone interested? This is the small baby quilt that I made:
Modern Times Quilt - front hanging
I would show you how to make that size of quilt, and you can adjust the rows and columns if you want something larger. You would learn set-in seams... it's really not hard to do, otherwise it is a simple quilt to sew. So, I'm thinking that might be fun to start in the next couple of weeks.
I better get finished with my pattern writing and then work on this quilt-along. Are you ready?
I hope you have a great afternoon!
~Jessica

43 comments:

Even Better Than the Real Thing said...

I am SOOOOO interested. I love this quilt!!

Kristin said...

Holy Moly! Loving that modern times quilt - would love to follow a quilt along.

Judith said...

I've been looking for an idea for a quilt for my nephew - this could be it! Am v.interested. Jxo

Jan said...

I'm very excited about the possibility of a quilt-along of your Mod Times Quilt. It's great.

Rebecca said...

Modern Times is gorgeous! I love it! I also really like your daughter's wall hanging!!! I can see why you're proud of your girl :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

I hardly ever say no to a quilt-along, although I DO have some to finish up. Modern Times looks awesome! And your daughter's quilt is really cute.

Karenkay said...

Oh, I would love to join you in a quilt-a-long ....this quilt is so amazing and is a perfect pattern for my sons room!

Michele said...

Your daughter's quilt is absolutely adorable!

Anne D said...

Love the mod times quilt and would definitely want to do a quilt along. Thanks

Anne D said...

Your daughters quilt is gorgeous. I love the disappearing 9patch.

Angela said...

great job K! it is so cute. She did such a nice job! and good for you, I'm glad you are finally planning your QAL. :)

Rylee Kettner said...

I would totally be interested in a quilt along, I loooooove that quilt!

Terri said...

I love the quilt to, I would make one not sure if I could keep up though

Your daughters Quilt is AMAZING talent runs in the family ;)

Bobbie said...

Please count ME in!!!

Ruth said...

A modern times quilt along would tick all the boxes for me! Count me in!

linenandstring said...

Umm... YES! Please so a quilt-along for the Mod Times Quilt! I love LOVE love that quilt!

Crystal said...

That would be amazing!

The Rx quilter said...

Count me in..I have never participated in a quilt a long, but I am ready to jump in..I love pattern and have just the right fabric to get started! Lisa in Texas

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

I have been wondering if you were going to post about this since it was finally April! I'm not even sure what set-in-seams are, so I am anxious to learn!

Brita said...

Yes! count me in. Love the look, and I have some great mod fabrics that would work great.

Carol said...

I love your daughters quilt, it is so cute. I'm also interesed in the quilt along.

D'Anne said...

Yes, do a quilt along. I too love this quilt!!

MIS Tech said...

Yes! I vote quilt along!

Diane said...

YAY quilt along! I'm in!

passingdowncrazy said...

Looks fun!!!

Sew Sane Jane said...

Yes, please!

corinne said...

Need to make a couple of baby quilts, would love to learn this pattern. Thank you

Scrap,Quilt, Preach said...

Please do make the Mod Times a QAL. Count me in.

Bobamom said...

I'm in too.

Paula said...

I am so so very excited... I can't wait for the quilt-along!!!!!

Anonymous said...

A quilt a long would be wonderful for this quilt. Can't wait!

Dee said...

Heckedy,Heckedy, yes. Would love it.

Lee said...

I would definitely do the quilt-along. I love that quilt!

twin fibers said...

:) Yea, I'm glad so many of you are up for it! I'm working on pulling it together and will do another post about the QALong in a couple of days. ok! (thanks everyone!) :) ~Jessica

ngl said...

I would love to quilt - along!

TaraB said...

I'm totally in for that quilt along!!!

Christine said...

I love the look of that quilt. So, yes, I'd love to quilt along. Though I have no idea what a set in seam is....

Maja said...

I´m looking forward for this!

SewLindaAnn said...

Yes, I'd do it. It's a really neat design.

Shelley said...

I need to make a couple of baby quilts, so I'm VERY INTERESTED in your quilt-along :) Thanks for the opportunity... I'm looking forward to it!

Lauren H said...

Yes! I am looking forward to this quilt along! Thanks!

P.S. Please tell darling daughter that I am very impressed with how she spent some of her Spring Break. Beautiful quilt!

Sarah ACP said...

An awesome quilt for a quilt-a-long; I can't wait. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

How old is your daughter who made this quilt? My 11 yr old son wants to make a twin Paddington Bear quilt for his bed. A lady at a recent quilt show suggested the disappearing nine patch would be easy for him. I am not really a quilter but have done some sewing years ago. Will get it quilted by a local lady with a long arm that hires out. Any advice would be helpful!
Denise in Saskatchewan
writeright@sasktel.net