Thursday, April 28, 2011

Single Girl Quilt Top

IMG_1854
We had about 10 minutes of sunshine yesterday, so I ran outside and took some pictures of my quilt top! We've had so much rain and dreary weather the past few weeks and it's been hard to get a picture of this quilt top since it's so big.
IMG_1860
I still have to add the borders at the top and bottom, but they're cut and ready to go. Maybe I'll get a chance to do that today.
IMG_1862
IMG_1865
And here, I hung the top over one of the retaining walls by our house. The quilt top really has one more row (it's 4 rings by 4 rings).
I'm so pleased with how it looks so far! I'm thinking about how to quilt it. I really like the rings that are suggested with the pattern, but I think that might be really difficult to do by machine, as this is a queen sized quilt. So, I'm thinking either straight lines or loops in rows would be a good alternative.
I should also see if I have enough batting in the house so I can get basting this one.
Thanks for visiting here!
I really appreciate your kind comments, even though I may not be able to respond to them all. I do read each and every one and thank you for taking the time to leave one.
~Jessica

38 comments:

Michele said...

It's luscious!

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Just beautiful, great job!

Andria said...

This quilt just makes me happy! So pretty in the sunshine.

Sonia B said...

Beautiful! Looks like a challenging quilt, but you've done a meticulous job. Can't wait to see what you decide on the quilting.

Alisa said...

It looks fantastic! Very nice work on what looks like a difficult quilt.

mandy said...

I love this quilt pattern and can't wait to try it some day! Yours looks gorgeous!

Anna said...

It looks fantastic! Nice work!

**nicke... said...

i think this is one of my very favorite versions!

Megan said...

What could be more pretty than FMF & Single Girl!

Chris {frecklemama} said...

Look how perfectly everything matches up! So, so beautiful. If it goes missing, don't look at my house.

Elena said...

Absolutely gorgeous! So fresh and bright! The white background is perfect. This makes me think that perhaps this pattern is worthy of my new DS Quilts stash...hmm...

Erin O. said...

Awesome job!

Needle in a haystack said...

Your quilt is beautiful! This is one of those patterns that I totally admire, but know that I will never try. You may be changing my mind though. You make me want to pull fabric for one now!

Linz said...

Oh, wow!! That looks amazing!! Love the colors!!

Marianne, aka Ranger Anna said...

I love it! Can't wait to show my niece, my fav single girl!

Tyra @ SilverLily Sews said...

ooh I love this. SO pretty. I love the fabrics you chose! i need to get to work and finish mine!

laura said...

Beautiful, beautiful. Well done!

One Shabby Chick said...

It's gorgeous! Good luck on the quilting!

MB in MI said...

Wow!! Very pretty quilt--love the fabrics!

Leslie said...

this turned out to be just stunning....i can not wait to see what you do for the quilting

Rachel said...

Very pretty!

holly p said...

This quilt top looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it all finished!

foiplus said...

WOW, this is just beautiful!!

Ashley said...

It's really gorgeous! I hope this is going on your bed!!

Nova said...

yay! it looks fantastic :)
Happy Quilting!
x

circle retreat quilter said...

it looks so good you must be thrilled. i was to chicken to have a go was it difficult?

Angela {fussycut} said...

good for you Jess! This is absolutely wonderful. I can't wait to see how you decide to quilt it!!!

Cindy said...

It's gorgeous! Gotta love that FMF.

Jacki said...

You do a great job Jessica! I love this one!

Jen said...

This is so pretty! I love it. I wish I could do curved piecing, just not confident enough for that!

Debbie said...

So beautiful! It's lovely!

Ruth said...

I love it too! :-)

Karen said...

Just love your designs!

hmdraney@gmail.com said...

I l-o-v-e, love that quilt! You have inspired me, yet again!

Karen said...

It looks fabulous!!!! Excellent work.

myredbike said...

What perfect fabrics for this pattern! You did a great job - you should be very proud of yourself! Good luck with the quilting!

Shanna said...

Gorgeous!! I have been wanting to try this quilt, but have been hesitant because of all the pieces....I think I am going to have to dive in now!

Melissa said...

It looks lovely!