Tuesday, April 26, 2011

stitching

Stitching - a
This past weekend, I took a little time to start a new project. Ever since I saw the stitching that Anna Maria Horner did for a pillow cover that she made, I knew I would love to try making one of my own.
I pulled out 6 colors of perle cotton and a piece of her fabric to look at and try to use that to stitch some flowers and shapes from. I sandwiched some batting in between a piece of quilting cotton and muslin and got started. The big flower was the first shape stitched.
Stitching - b
I'm just eyeballing the stitching and shapes and trying to figure out it all out. There's some spaces that need to be filled in and details to be added, but I'm enjoying the process and it will be fun to see what it turns out like.
I hope you are having a good day,
~Jessica

9 comments:

Ruth said...

Love it already! I wanted to do a version too but too many projects on the go already. I'm sure I'll get around to it though. Yours looks great - can't wait to see it finished!

Amanda said...

How pretty!

tracy_a said...

Wonderful!

Magoo said...

OOooohhh, pretty!
i can't w8 to see the final piece too.
great colors.

Live a Colorful Life said...

I thought AMH's pillow was beautiful too. Yours is awesome as well! *sigh* I SO love perle cotton...

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

This is beautiful! I saw a bunch of quilts at ABC home like this, and I wondered who they had making them... SO much work! beautiful! Keep going! Can't wait to see it done!

Domina said...

Embroidery is wonderful - I call it painting with thread! I think you need red pom poms edging this pillow. ;)

Beth said...

Gorgeous and inspiring!

Blue.Ridge.Girl said...

Super fun look to this! I love to hand quilt and hope that you are finding much joy as you work on this!