Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lemon Drop Pillow

Lemon Drop Pillow
I do hope that you are having a good week! I found this project in my cupboard today and thought it would be nice to finish it up. The yo-yo's were made at the end of March and I remember thinking about spring and I must have really been craving some bright color. This pillow really reminds me of the daffodils I have blooming in my yard.
Lemon Drop Pillow - side B
 I decided to tack the yo-yo's down with a star stitch on my sewing machine. It worked great and was really fast to do. The stitched star border really added a great detail. And then, I may have gone a little overboard with the ball fringe?! Hmmm... it's a little much, but it's fun and bright and now I have a new pillow for my bedroom.
Lemon Drop Pillow - yo-yo's
Lemon Drop Pillow - side A
 I'm going to start quilting my Single Girl quilt next (and work on the next step for the quilt along). It's been basted and ready to go for about a week and a half. I'm looking forward to some quilting time this weekend!
~Jessica

23 comments:

Clumsy Chord said...

This is pretty cute, crazy ball fringe and all :D

Jazz said...

i love yo-yos. i havent tried making them though.

Dianne said...

I think it's cute with the fringe!

Di~ said...

wow, seriously! I LOVE this pillow! Not overboard at all! it's awesome!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

So cheerful and fun - love the pom pom trim.

Sheeps and Peeps Farm said...

Love the colors... love the fringe. What a cheerful way to start a Friday morning!

Brita said...

I really, really love that pillow, everything about it, the colors, the yo's, the decorative stitching!!!

Shelley said...

Ball fringe is always a good choice and never "too much"! I love it - so happy and cheery and bright :)

Melissa @ Happy Quilting said...

This is stunning!!! I love it!!!

~Molly~ said...

O.M.G. that is adorable!!!! LOVE the colors, love the yo-yos!!

Karin said...

tacking those down with your star stitch was complete GENIUS!!! LOVE the new pillow!

Sharon M said...

I love yo-yo's and you did a wonderful job with the stitching detail and the fringe. The fabric is so fresh. Love it.

silversmith said...

overboard? nah... it's bright and cheery and i love all the little details you put into it.

Kristen said...

Fun, bright and beautiful yo-yo pillow!

Mary said...

So cheery and cute!

wishes, true and kind said...

It's so pretty and perfect, I just want to cry! Weird, huh?!? I'm going to pin it on pinterest and see how long before my daughter repins it to her "Things I want my mother to make me" board.

Andrea Pisano said...

I love your pillow is very fresh and colorful .. I do not do those yo-yos and look great

Kris said...

Very cute pillow! You need to enter it in a contest! I love the fringe, also.

Karenkay said...

Thats a lovely pillow!

Tara K. said...

CUTE!

Catherine said...

Love everything about this pillow, so summery and pretty.

Anna said...

I love it! What a great idea for yo-yos. It is so cheery - I am sure you will enjoy that!

Terri said...

this is so gorgeous! I love that it looks so spring-like. Beautiful job!