Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Some new beginnings

Saltwater Taffy Quilt #2 - start
I've had it on my mind to get started on this other Saltwater Taffy quilt this week. During nap time this afternoon, I've been making some good progress with it. The pinwheel blocks are getting sewn together and almost ready for trimming.
On Monday I started to work on that quilt, but lost interest and decided to cut the Cut Out & Keep fabrics into diamonds. I'm playing with some different layouts for it, but right now it's packed away for a while. I should focus and get the quilt pictured above and cushions that I need to make done.
Cut out and Keep - start
But really, it's hard to focus on anything for too long at my house. Especially when you have this little helper around. :) I knew it was too quiet for too long.

 TP, anyone?
~Jessica

10 comments:

Ruth said...

Oooh! I just had some cut out and keep delivered this week! I am itching to cut into it, but am promising myself to finish a few things up first!!

I love the diamonds and those solids you've chosen to go with them.

thea said...

At least the TP wasn't in the toilet .. that could have caused some real problems!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Oh my..I love your fabric and your little helper....I sometimes wish mine were back to that age....so darn cute...but my grandsons are that age and older now...oh my!!!!
How did this happen??? lol

Andrea Pisano said...

nice what is arming ... little Travieso!

Dolores said...

I have one of those "helpers". Except on one of his TP adventures he blocked the only toilet in the house!! We've since learned to leave only 1 roll of TP in a high to reach place.

Jenniffier said...

Too fun and your diamonds are looking good.

Angela {fussycut} said...

I love that KJR cut up together, they are just so pretty! And the diamonds look awesome! I always love those. What do you think of the quality of that line? I've heard it isn't the great, but I've never seen it in person.
And D is such a cutie pie, even if he is a little stinker sometime. :)

SeamedUP said...

I love everything you have in the works! The colors, the shapes - it's very inspiring.

I totally relate to the 'it's been too quite too long'. You hope it's because they busying themselves with 'good' and then you find it either wet, wasted, or just plain 'ew'. I have 4 year old twins - so really - I do feel it!

Keep up the great work, glad to have found you!

traceyjay said...

I can relate to the toilet paper dilemma!!! Sometimes we keep the toilet paper in the sink we don't use as often, just so it's not all undone!

And gorgeous projects. :)

Becky said...

Too cute!! Yes, silence is usually a sure indicator that they're up to something sneaky! My son once got hold of the diaper cream and squirted out a whole tube onto just abotu everything in his toy closet (sigh). Now he's begging for a facebook account :-O....