Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I'm "Swooning" over this quilt...

Today has been kind of strange... all the kids are sleeping at one time this afternoon- almost a miracle over here with 3 kids under 3-  Yay for that happening, mama sooo needed that today!  So while they are sleeping, I got cutting up my new fat quarters of Loulouthi fabric (by Anna Maria Horner for Free Spirit) that I bought with my birthday money.
Loulouthi fabric for Swoon Quilt
Oh, these fabrics are really beautiful and picking out which fabrics should be paired together took me quite a while.  Hoping I did okay so that they accentuate the quilt pattern.  I am using Camille Roskelley's new pattern called Swoon- each block ends up being 24" so I'm excited to see how they turn out.
Swoon Quilt pattern 
I'm almost tempted into adding an additional row on the side and bottom and then I think it would be about king size.... we'll see.  I'll start with 9 blocks and see how they go.  Anyway, for now I just need to decide on a fabric for the background and get cutting on that.
Loulouthi fabric for Swoon Quilt 
Oh, this is my favorite combination so far. I think I'll start sewing this one first.
Hope you are having a great day! - Jennifer

21 comments:

Megan said...

Swoon is right! I have been petting my Loulouthi since I got it last week. It's just an awesome line! Can't wait to see your quilt!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I was just looking at those very X'x and O's not five minutes ago online - they are great. Can't wait to see Swoon in Loulouthi!

Patchwork and Play said...

I love this pattern and I LOVE the fabrics you are using! This is going to be a stunner!!!

Sherri said...

Gorgeous combinations for Swoon! I was lucky to make the sample for Camille's booth...and this is just such a fun pattern to make!

Joan and Kevin said...

I cannot wait to see the blocks sewn up. I have the pattern and need more fabric ideas with this pattern.

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

I love loulouthi and I love swoon - this is going to be one gorgeous quilt

lrstitched.com said...

Total swoon! Can't wait to see that beauty in progress, I love both the fabric and the pattern.

Lindsey

Karenkay said...

Oh, I think this is going to be a lovely quilt! I always buy fabric with my birthday money too!!

Stacey said...

Just got my LouLouthi yesterday...it was in my dream sequences last night...what a beautiful pattern to show off the fabric.

Michelle said...

just gorgeous, I love the colours too! Michelle xx

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love your first choice of fabric....playful

Kim said...

Love this combo! I have been thinking about this pattern too and wondering what background fabric to use. White is the obvious but what about grey or navy blue? Hmmmm....something to think about!

Alisa said...

Yeah for 3 kids sleeping!! I know that feeling. I like what you are doing!

traceyjay said...

can't wait to see it! I love this quilt, and it will look stunning with this fabric. :)

Cindy said...

I don't buy too many patterns, but I picked up that one. Love it. And in AMH fabric, it's going to be gorgeous!!

Jan said...

What a beautiful pile of fabric and that pattern is very nice too. I will look at buying that one for me. And I would make it that bit bigger so make a king size quilt. I love the big quilts. Look forward to seeing the outcome.

Debbie said...

I can't wait to see your quilt progress! I bought this pattern too!

quiltilicious said...

I've just made some swap items in Loulouthi---it is hard to go wrong with this line as all the patterns are fab!

Duyvken said...

I've been admiring swoon for a couple of days and am looking forward to trying it. Can't wait to see how this one turns out!

momof3 said...

Now I am going to have to buy the pattern. I love how your blocks have turned out.

amandajean said...

i've been wanting to make the swoon quilt, too. just stuck on what fabrics to make it out of! i saw the top in your later posts and the top is so lovely!!!