Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Little pinwheel quilt for the new baby in our lives

So, I have not been posting much lately but this is what I have been up to the past 10 weeks...
hannah and rileigh
I've hardly have a chance to sew or get much else done besides taking care of my little sweeties in the past few weeks... Our newest little girl is 10 weeks old and it is amazing how much she is loved by her big sister and big brother.  Thousands of kisses a day and "notifying" mommy when she is crying is pretty much all that goes on here- I'm sure some of you can relate :) 
IMG_1285
But I thought I'd write and tell you about the quilt I made for our little one before she was born.  Since I "peeked" at the ultrasound and found out we were having another girl, I had to make this quilt in secret since my husband did not want to know the sex.  So, I worked on it while he was at work or at night and got it finished a few weeks before she was born.  I actually really like to use this quilt myself at night when I am up feeding her because I used a super soft fuzzy fabric for the backing and it keeps me so warm!  I hope she will enjoy it as much as I do!

Hope everyone is having a great day- We're finally having some fabulous weather and we've been outside playing a lot. Thanks again for stopping by- Jennifer
IMG_1286
quilt stats:
pattern: pinwheel (used 5" squares to start with)
size: 42" x 58" (including ruffle)
fabrics: Bliss by Bonnie and Camille, Kona Bone and some super soft fuzzy fabric for the backing

26 comments:

Karen said...

First of all, many congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your beautiful baby girl! She is just SO precious. Isn't it sweet watching your older children interact with her and her with them? I loved those times way back when.

The quilt is SO pretty.

Enjoy your new little bundle of joy!

Hugs, Karen

Manda said...

Aww! Congratulations! She is super cute! Even cuter than the quilt which is beautiful! :)

Karenkay said...

Congrats on your adorable little girl. The quilt is so pretty and I love the ruffles!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! I love her quilt. Bliss is so perfect for a little girl!

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Congrats on your new little girl! She is adorable and so is the quilt. I love the ruffles.

Enjoy this special time!

Paula said...

Congrats on your new baby girl. This quilt is adorable. I love the ruffle on the edge.

Charity said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family. I can see why you would be preoccupied.

Kristie said...

She's a beauty, congratulations! I hope you enjoy many hours of precious snuggles together with your pretty quilt :-)

kayleighinstitches said...

Oh wow. Those color combos are gorgeous. Just girly enough but not too frilly. Love that it's soft on the back and warm for both of you. Beautiful!

Beth said...

LOVE the ruffle! SO cute! But not as cute as your girls!

Alisa said...

Congratulations yet with your sweet little babe! I like the quilt too.

Live a Colorful Life said...

How beautifully "bliss"ful!

Jenn said...

Ooh....I love the look of that soft stuff on the backside! Lovely quilt and doubly lovely babes!!

Anna said...

congrats!!! how awesome! looks like a super snuggly quilt.

traceyjay said...

oh she is precious!! :)

I have my big sono coming up, but I don't think we're going to peek... there's no way I could keep it a secret from the hubs.

I love that quilt and the backing too... so nice!

diane said...

precious babies and beautiful, cozy quilt. Congrats on the new baby!

Ariane said...

Your quilt is beautiful and so are your babes. Thanks for sharing!!!

Tara said...

oh, the ruffle!she will wear it thin loving on it I tell you! priceless.

Modern Amish said...

I love it! I made a similar quilt using Bliss and Camille's 'wild thing' pattern for my sister due in july. she has no idea the sex of the baby so, I skipped the flower prints. I love your choice for baby girl...and the RUFFLES!!!

Cristin said...

I can totally relate to getting NO sewing done with a 10week old.... but that was almost a year ago and now more is getting done :-) But I only have 1 rugrat so you still have your hands quite full, hehe
LOVE the girl quilt, especially the ruffle and cuddly backing! I still haven't taken the plunge to use a non-quilting weight fabric for the back. But obvisouly, it works so maybe I should just try it already!

Lara said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby girl. Love the quilt too.

heather said...

Oh how very sweet. Both the baby and the quilt!! :) It is fun to have a new little one around. It's been awhile but I do remember!

denver co accident attorney said...

The quilt is really gorgeous plus those two cute and adorable babies, equals pure fun. =)

Karen said...

Congratulations! She is a sweetie. that is one special quilt. Love the frill.

Karen said...

Such an adorable addition to your family!!! And the quilt is pretty neat too!

Amy said...

The ruffle around the quilt is adorable!