Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My boys and their quilts

Saltwater Taffy Quilt - #2
These quilts are one of those projects that I started out the year wanting to do. Even though I usually never want to make the same thing twice, it really was fun to make coordinating quilts for my boys. We are in the process of moving my younger son into the same bedroom with his older brother and I thought it would be nice for them to have an extra quilt to use at night since it's usually cold in their room.
I'm so happy to have both quilts finished and my boys love them! It's nice to know they really like something I've made for them.
Saltwater Taffy Quilt - #2
This second Saltwater Taffy quilt is for my youngest son. Both the quilts have the same fabrics for the pinwheels but one has orange borders and the other has green.
Saltwater Taffy Quilt - #2

My boys :)
Here are my silly boys. :) I usually only get smiles like the picture below!
My boys and their quilts
I'm so glad I made the time to make them their quilts. My older son brings his out of bed to use every morning while waking up and watching tv. So cute!
Saltwater Taffy Quilts - tree
And here's a bunch of pictures of the quilts together...
Saltwater Taffy Quilts for my boys

Saltwater Taffy Quilts - rolled

Saltwater Taffy Quilts - folded

Saltwater Taffy Quilts - hanging
 Thanks so much for following the progress of these quilts and for your kind comments and encouragement! Having a blog really helps me finish up all those projects I start. Thanks for being a part of it all.
I hope you have a great evening!
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: each approx: 52" x 62"
pattern: Saltwater Taffy by Fig Tree & Co.
fabrics: Katie Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt for Freespirit & Kona in white
pieced and bound by Jessica
professionally quilted

29 comments:

Please Buy My House said...

You make that look so good that I'm going to buy the pattern now.

Alisa said...

They do look wonderful! And every time you walk into or by their room you will get to enjoy them.

MaryAnnB said...

Love the way these quilts came out! I just ordered fabric (grand finale) and the pattern for the Saltwater Taffy quilt last week! Can't wait to get it started!

kelly said...

so sweet! there is nothing like seeing your child wrapped up in the quilt you made just for him.

Linz said...

Those are both absolutely gorgeous!! Well done!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great quilts - lucky boys!

Ariane said...

I absolutely love these quilts!!!! They are just gorgeous!! I love that your boys use them to snuggle in the morning! That just makes it all worth it!!! Hugs Ariane

Jeni said...

Gorgeous quilts! They look so awesome together! And oh my goodness your boys are so adorable! Seriously sweet :)

Angie said...

Jessica,
I absolutely love your two quilts. I hope to make coordinating quilts for my girls one day. I just need to finish a few UFOs first. I'm in awe of your quilts. Congrats on a goal met!

Jacki said...

Great job Jessica! They look amazing together!

Just wondering, did you add any fun fabrics (like the alien print) to the second quilt?

=) Jacki

diane said...

i love everything about these quilts...and your boys are adorable.

Debbie said...

These are just beautiful!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Loved it the first time, love it the second. And that is the best fabric line ever! I didn't know younger people quilted yet when that came out so I totally missed that boat :)

Terri said...

These are beautiful, Those little men look so happy _

Manda said...

These are brilliant!

MB in MI said...

love those smiles & those quilts! well done!!

Kristie said...

Fantastic. FANTASTIC! Fan. tast. ic. :-)

Michele said...

They're so cute together! Your quilts too!

Anonymous said...

They look great! Gives me a little inspiration to finish my own Saltwater taffy. I've got the middle blocks done, need to do the edges now. They been sitting in a ziploc bag for at least 4 months....
Glad your boys are enjoying them and thanks for posting!!
Brenda

Leslie said...

these are absolutely stunning

Angela {fussycut} said...

these are so amazing Jessica! I love them. Wonderful finish, aren't you glad you persevered? ;)

Tyra @ SilverLily Sews said...

Beautiful quilts! And perfect for two darling little boys. Well done!

Rachel said...

I've said it on nearly all the progress posts along the way, but i REALLY love these quilts! Great job, your boys sure are lucky.

AnneMarie said...

So beautiful! My 2 boys would love these. So vibrant. I've pinned this!

Jan said...

Very cute....the quilts are too! ~ Aunt Jan

Lee said...

Stunning! A gorgeous quilt design for one of my favorite fabric lines!

Teje said...

Those quilts you made to your boys are just adorable! I could watch them and watch them... Fabrics are beautiful and everything match so perfect!

ThirdMargaret said...

Lucky, lucky boys! Their quilts are gorgeous! Be proud, mama!

Amy said...

They are so bright and cheery! The colors look great together