Monday, July 18, 2011

Crewel Bird Embroidery & Patchwork Rose Sewing Class Winner

IMG_2849
Here's my little bird crewel embroidery!
IMG_2838

IMG_2834
I finished up the stitching this past week and my husband even helped me make a stretcher frame for it. It was fun to make something together, even though it took only about 10 minutes to do the whole project. :) 
This embroidery kit initially came with a cheap picture frame, but I liked the idea of being able to see the dimension and texture of the stitching with it stretched on a frame.
IMG_2832
So, here it is all completed. It measures about 7" x 9" and here's a link to my first post about the embroidery. I'm hoping to come across another kit someday in a thrift shop!

And now, here's the lucky winner who gets to take the Patchwork Rose Zippered Bag Class....
Congrats, Nicke!  I can't wait to see the bag that you make and hear about how you liked the online class.
Thanks again to Judith at Rick Rack for offering up such a great giveaway!

I also had some time for sewing this weekend. Yay! I finished up my Vanilla & Blooms quilt top and can't wait to take some pictures of it and share that with you next.
Hope you have a great day!
~Jessica

8 comments:

Jeni said...

Oooh the embroidery turned out so pretty! I need to keep my eyes pealed for some of those kits! :)

Can't wait to see your new quilt top!

Jennifer at Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Love the embroidery- very pretty indeed!

**nicke... said...

yay for me! this will be really fun! thanks for hosting the giveaway. i am excited to see how the online class goes.

quiltercaroline said...

Hi. I have done many hand sewing techniques but have never tried crewel work. I love your little bird and may look for a little kit or something to give it a try.

Inder-ific said...

I love everything about this little crewel bird! Especially, the colors are just to die for. Lovely.

Vanilla said...

This is soooooo beautiful!!!
I love the pastel colors you embroidered your bird with.

Anonymous said...

I have some kits I'll never use -- not crewel though. Will have to dig them out of the basement and if you want, I can email a pic of it to you so you can decide if you want it/them or not. Then I can mail it off for a nice surprise... let me know, okay?
Denise in Saskatchewan
writeright@sasktel.net

Rosali said...

El ave ha quedado divinamente bordada. Saludos desde Puebla, México.