Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long - week 9

I do hope you're not getting tired of seeing these blocks. I really am enjoying making them and pulling together my scrap fabrics and seeing what I can do with them.
Farmer's Wife Blocks - week 9
I've switched over from using the templates to paper piecing the blocks and love it. Now my blocks are turning out square and all the points and corners are showing up.
#54 Kitchen Woodbox
#54 Kitchen Woodbox
This week, I thought it would be fun to see some of the other Kitchen Woodbox and Periwinkle blocks from the flickr group. I really enjoy seeing how fabric choices and placement change the look of a block and hope you will too.
Farmer's Wife Quilt Along - #54 Kitchen Woodbox Examples

#66 Periwinkle
#66 Periwinkle
Farmer's Wife Quilt Along - #66 Periwinkle Examples
And here are some Periwinkle block examples from the group.
Happy Sewing!
~Jessica

8 comments:

Bobbi said...

I LOVE your periwinkle block! I just love the blue (Denise Schmidt?) fabric and how it sets off the inner quadrilateral shapes!!!

I so want to do this QAL but I just don't have time. Just added the book to my amazon wishlist, so maybe at Christmas time I can start? :)

Ruth said...

I just love the Kitchen Woodbox - and the fabrics in all of these are lovely together!

Fiberosity said...

Paper piecing is a brilliant idea! I've been struggling with the points and it's driving me crazy.

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

I really like the fabrics you chose to use. Theose blocks look great!

kristastitched said...

I just tried out paper piecing last night and it's pretty awesome. Loving your blocks!

Greta said...

Thanks for showing off my block :) I love seeing everyone else's blocks in this quilt along. They all look so different depending on the fabrics. Your blocks are looking great!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Your blocks are 'sew' yummy! I am just loving your fabrics.
~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

Memaw and Papa said...

Love your blocks! I enjoy following your blog. Please keep adding your fwq blocks. I know I can find them on flickr but It is part of blog shopping that I am enjoying too. It helps me feel I am getting to know you better when I read your other entries.

Thanks
Cindy