Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vanilla & Blooms Quilt Top


Vanilla & Blooms - quilt top
For some reason, this quilt top has turned out a lot larger than I thought it would! I'd say it's at least twin size or larger. The size is right on for what the pattern says, I just didn't expect it to be so big. :)
It really is pretty though and the borders really tie it all together and make it look great. Even though they're kind of a pain to sew it really adds that extra detail this quilt top needed.

Vanilla & Blooms - quilt top folded
Now to decide on quilting. I think I'm going to go with stippling. I haven't done that in a while on a quilt and it seems like it would be good for this quilt. The backing is made and hopefully I'll have a chance to baste it in the next few days. With the extreme hot weather we've been having that might actually get done as we're hanging out inside a little more than what we have in the past month or so. But first, I have to take the kids blueberry picking! I think we better go right away in the morning before it gets too hot.
~Jessica

Oh, I forgot to add... my husband wants credit for his quilt modeling skills and he's renamed this quilt the "Throwing Stars" quilt! :) oh my!

(quilt pattern is called "Vanilla & Blooms" by Fig Tree & Co., fabric is Picnic and Fairgrounds by DS Quilts)

11 comments:

kristastitched said...

Pretty! I love the borders. I'm hoping to get a quilt basted today or tomorrow too. have fun stippling :D

Ashley said...

Really pretty! The colors are wonderful, and that dewing is perfect for those fabrics!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very pretty! But I have to say that your hubby cannot take credit for quilt modeling. His feet are not showing on the bottom ;-D All of my quilt models have feet!

Debbie said...

Love your choice of borders! Are they both DS?

Jenniffier said...

Great color choices and wonderful pattern, but I always like fig tree patterns so it isn't a big surprise that I would like this one too :)

Live a Colorful Life said...

so fresh and summery. The polka dot inner border is way cool! BTW, hope you can stay cool too.

Linz said...

So cute!!!

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

It turned out so great! I love it.

Beth said...

I love it! And Throwing Stars is perfect!

Angela {fussycut} said...

This is so great! Love the two borders as well. What a cool pattern.

Angie said...

I love that setting!