Monday, August 29, 2011

Bowtie Quilts

Bowtie Quilt - fabrics
I cut some fabrics and started a couple of new quilts this past weekend! These stacks of squares will be turned into two bowtie quilts for the two little guys that I have babysat for during the school year for the past five years or so. I recently found out that I won't be seeing them this fall and I wanted to make something special for them. The oldest little boy is starting Kindergarten this fall. It has been such a joy for me to watch them grow up throughout the years. I hope that they will remember all the fun we have had together when they use their quilts. I will surely miss them!
Bowtie Quilts - fabrics cut
I'm planning on making them the same quilt top and then choosing a binding fabric in their favorite color. I picked out all the non floral fabrics from the Katie Jump Rope collection and then added in whatever others I had that went along with those. I think it's turned out to be a pretty fun mix of fabrics.
I've got a bunch of the blocks made for one of the quilts and hope to finish up the rest of them this afternoon.
I hope your week is off to a good start!
~Jessica

11 comments:

Katy said...

I'm doing a bow tie quilt right now too!!!!
LOVE the fabrics in yours.

Elizabeth D. said...

It must be contagious - I started a bow-tie quilt this weekend, too, for the 100 Quilts for Kids campaign! Small world :) I love the fabrics you're using, your quilts going to be lovely!

Angela {fussycut} said...

These are going to be so nice. I'm sure the boys will love then!

Leslie said...

it is not hard to see that this is going to be another amazing quilt. i love this

Patchwork and Play said...

A great mix of fabrics! These quilts will be fabulous!

RETRO-Fabulous Blog said...

Fantastic fabrics for a fun quilt!! =) Happy Sewing

ScissorsandThread said...

Love the fabric, I just made my first bow tie block for a bee and am very tempted to try a quilt in it next.

Laura said...

Wonderful fabrics! What a great set of quilts these are going to be. I recently sewed together a mini bow tie quilt top. It will eventually decorate the wall. :)

Mitzi said...

Those quilts are going to be gorgeous and those are two lucky little receipients! Love a bow tie!

Jeannette said...

Well the bowtie must be in a phase right now...I am planning one now. That is really sweet of you to make them a quilt!

Anonymous said...

Pretty fabric choices for your bow-tie quilt! Have you seen them done this way before?
http://sewdivadiane.blogspot.com/2010/06/folded-bowtie-tutorial.html