Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chubby Stars Quilt - in the works

I started this new quilt the other day with some of Joel Dewberry's new fabric line called Heirloom.  I had bought just the Citrine colorway and added in some Kona cotton in Bone and Stone.  I'm following Traceyjay's quilt along she posted a while back - here is the link to her site for it.  I just loved her quilt she showed on Flickr a while back and had in mind to make one but didn't have any fabric that I thought would be good for it.
Chubby Stars Quilt 
The Heirloom fabrics seemed to me to be perfect for this pattern (I thought), plus I really liked them and now I'm again going to attempt to make this king size for my bed!  Right now I have a goal to make two of the "X" blocks a day along with two of the snowball blocks.  It's been going pretty good and I figure in about a month or so I should have all the blocks done.
Chubby Stars Quilt
Here is the link to the Flickr group for the Chubby Stars Quilt Along if you would like to see other peoples versions on this quilt - I think they are all really pretty!  
Thanks again for stopping by and hope you have a great start to the week! - Jennifer



15 comments:

Jeni said...

So pretty! Perfect for those fabrics! :)

heather said...

once again thank you for sharing!!! i LOVE this quilt and the fabric that you chose to use. you guys are amazing and i just LOVE your style and love to see what you have going on!!!

Crafty Newbie said...

Very pretty! Reminds me of hugs and kisses! Nice work :)

Melissa @ Love Affair With My Brother said...

It looks great - I love seeing what people have done with the different fabric lines that I lust after :)

Domina said...

Gorgeous! I'm completely smitten by the Heirloom line. I am dreaming up a way that I can make something to wear from the voile. Ideas??

Suburban Stitcher said...

gorgeous pattern and fabrics!

Cindy said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!

angela said...

I super super love that! And I'm not supposed to be buying any fabric AND I really love that Heirloom. A bookmark and add it to my list.

Hey Jude said...

Love the Kona solids you added, very nice!

traceyjay said...

how do I love this... let me count the ways...(and it is inspiring me to finish mine!)

Gorgeous... really. :)

(oh, and since I was a bad blogger, and didn't actually finish my quilt along, let me know if there are any questions... really, remembering to finish the star points and plan your border x blocks is kind of the only important thing... but you're a bright girl; I'm sure you could figure that out). :)

Franziska said...

The color combo you choose looks beautiful. I like the color kona stone for the background. I think it's really warm and fits the orange and aqua very well.
I marvel about the fact you like to finish two blocks a day. I can be happy if I can finish a block a week. How do you do this with 3 children? Do you limit your computer time? Do you have someone to look after your kids? My one (!) little one wants my time so there's not much sewing / crafting time left each day...

Faith Jones said...

I love it!! I have that colorway too and need to find the right project for it (like you did!) Can't wait to see it huge. :)

twin fibers said...

Thanks everyone!
@ Franziska - no, no-one else watches the kiddos, just me :) I am usually not on the computer that much at all and do not watch much tv... I almost always work on quilting projects/sewing after the kids go to bed at night since I also have kiddos that require constant attention during the day :)

Franziska said...

thanks, Jennifer, for the answer. That's what I do, too (maybe except the computer time, it was a little too much the last couple of weeks, all the quilt blogs... you know?). I have to reconsider my priorities... Thank you.

One Sassy Quilter said...

I love your blog and check it just about everyday. Thank for inspiring me with your beautiful projects!