Friday, August 5, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt-a-long - week 10

Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Blocks - 27 of them
Week 10. OK, so I am a little surprised at myself that I have been making these almost every week for the past ten weeks! I really did expect to make a bunch at the beginning and then fall out of interest with this project. But, surprisingly I'm still working away at them and loving it! I think it's really helped that I switched to paper piecing.
This week I've made three blocks.
#5 Batwing
#5 Batwing
#1 Attic Windows
#1 Attic Windows
Ok, so I think this one turned out rather ugly. My fabric choices could have been better, but oh well... I'm not sure it will matter too much in the whole quilt. You need a little ugly to keep everything from looking too sweet, right?! :)
#60 Noon and Light
#60 Noon and Light
Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt Blocks
 I'm so pleased with how they are all looking together... ugly blocks and all!
~Jessica

18 comments:

Jeannette said...

They are fabulous! I need to get started on mine. I have had the book for awhile now.

Linz said...

They look beautiful!!!

Kati said...

Your blocks look wonderful together. Great fabrics and perfect blocks!

Colleen said...

Ooooh, I love #60. That diamond showing out like that is awesome. I've liked the process a lot more since I went with paper piecing as well, I was doing rotary instructions and none of the blocks were consistently the same size. With paper piecing, they turn out perfect. :)

Modern Amish said...

Love the fabric choices for batwing. Super cute!

Nichole said...

this looks so good! i really like it a lot!

Leila said...

They all look so good together. Great variety.

traceyjay said...

I love your blocks!

(and I actually really like the ugly one -- it looks great blended in with the whole quilt!)

Jane said...

You should be really proud of this!
I love them all together!

Kerri said...

i love all your blocks!! they are so bright and cheery!

Anonymous said...

May I ask where you get your paper piecing patterns from? I joined the yahoo group but theirs are for 6" unfinished blocks rather than 6" finished. I have already made several of the simpler blocks that are in the 6" finished size, so their patterns will not work for me. I had really hoped to use the paper pieced patterns for the more intricate blocks.

valekort at yahoo dot com

Live a Colorful Life said...

they look gorgeous together!

Patchwork and Play said...

Fabulous! This may just inspire me to make my own!

Lee said...

Gorgeous blocks!

Patti said...

Just absolutely gorgeous blocks. You have inspired me. I am going to try and paper piece them. Tomorrow is D day for this. Could you please share with me how you managed to paper piece them please?

Laura said...

They look amazing!! Great job! I, too, am happily surprised that I'm still keeping up with block making 10 weeks in. :)

Jodie said...

They look great and your points are so perfect !

thea said...

Love all your blocks!!