Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kingdom Baby Quilt - finished

Kingdom Baby Quilt
This was a fun quilt to make! It's simple and small. Just the break I needed from some of the big quilts I've been making lately.
Kingdom Baby Quilt - hanging

Kingdom Baby Quilt - backing
I just love how the loopy quilting has turned out! I'll definitely be trying that out on smaller quilts. To mark out some guide lines and to keep my rows straight, I used a Water Soluble Pencil from Clover.
Kingdom Baby Quilt - detail
The grey quilters linen for the background really helps to make the colors pop and it will surely hide any dirty spots! I'm really happy that all the fabrics that I added came from my stash. I had just enough of the backing and binding to make it work.

Thanks again to Windham Fabrics for sending out a couple of charm packs for me to play around with! Kingdom is a beautiful collection and I'm glad I could work with it!

~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: approx. 33.5" x 43.5"
fabrics: Kingdom by Jessica Levitt for Windham, Quilter's Linen in Grey, Kona in Charcoal for binding, a print from the Farmer's Market collection by Sandi Henderson for backing
pattern: the small block pattern is from a quilt pattern in the book called Simplify by Camille Roskelley, the rest is by me
Warm and White Batting
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

*previous post about this quilt can be found here

17 comments:

Terri said...

That color combo is great against the linen to. Great job!

Pamela Nees said...

I'm definitely going to have to look for the Kingdom line of fabric! It's gorgeous~ and so is your quilt! LOVE it! Great job!

Heather A said...

Kingdom is on my MUST HAVE list. Love the fabrics and I love what you've done with them. The Quilter's Linen is such a nice compliment as is the swirly quilting. Someone is going to be VERY HAPPY!

Jen V said...

Love it. Go Windham Fabrics!!!

Elizabeth D. said...

Very pretty! And I love how you paired it with the gray quilter's linen, it's a fabulous match :)

Joanna said...

Wonderful quilt. Quilting great. I like the combination of gray ...

Patchwork and Play said...

This is such a lovely quilt- the colours are amazing! And the back is beautiful too!

Patti said...

I absolutely love this. My Daughter-in-Law is expecting another baby in November and I have to wait to find out what it is (after the baby is born) before I can make a quilt but this looks perfect.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Hollie said...

Ooh! It's so pretty! Well done!

traceyjay said...

a baby will love this... all the contrast...

very pretty. :) I like your quilting design too

Live a Colorful Life said...

Absolutely beautiful quilt. Shows what you can do with some simple charm squares!

Anna said...

i looove this! the colors are so pretty and the quilting, mmmm. love that the most. :)

Andrea said...

beautiful work

Leslie said...

this is adorable. i really like those blocks. they look so pretty against the gray!

Debbie said...

Oh my - love the colors. Just darling & the quilting adds the perfect touch! nicely done!

Jeni said...

So pretty! I love the simple modern design! And the quilter's linen really makes the prints pop! Lovely Jessica!!

Jen B said...

Beautiful! I hope I get a chance to work with some of these fabrics!