Monday, September 19, 2011

Bowties for the boys

Bowtie quilt - bindings
It's been a while since I finished up a quilting project and this past week I decided to work on these two bowtie quilts. The fabrics are the same in each quilt but I changed up the design and quilting so that each quilt looks a little different.
Bowtie Quilt A
The quilting is quite simple. I've been having some trouble with my back and neck so a simple and quick design needed to be done on these.
Bowtie Quilt B
The little boys (they're brothers) that these quilts are going to both love the color orange and I wanted incorporate that into the binding fabric. I can't wait to give these to them and see how they like them. :) I hope they like the bright colors and all the orange fabrics in there.
Bowtie Quilts - hanging

Bowtie Quilts - folded
Thank you so much to everyone who has entered to win the Canvas Sampler and extra goodies from BasicGrey! You still have until tomorrow to enter the giveaway on this post.

I hope you're having a great start to the week!
Happy Sewing!
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size:  each approx. 47" x 54" after washing
fabrics: Katie Jump Rope and various others mixed in, Kona cotton in white
Warm and White batting
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

20 comments:

Katy said...

they both look great Jessica! I love how different they look, but still obviously the same...just like brothers, I guess!!!

Jeni said...

Such sweet quilts! I agree, love that they are a little different while still being so similar! :)

Debbie said...

darling quilts! what a nice accomplishment!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just gorgeous quilts Jessica!

kristastitched said...

love these! what lucky boys :D

Toni said...

So cute and perfect for little boys! I don't think I have ever seen the blocks laid out as they are in the second quilt, but I love it! Hope your back/neck is feeling better soon!

Megan said...

Love them! :) Similar, but different. Perfection!

Courtney said...

quilting perfection for boys! Can't decide which layout I love most!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love the bow tie pattern and these quilts look great!!

Angela {fussycut} said...

Awesome Jessica! They are so great! Those boys (and their mother) will love them.

Kristie said...

Love these! It is amazing how different they look with just a small variation in arrangement!

Leslie said...

these are so awesome...i love that they are the same but not. the variations you used are so perfect!!!!

Melissa @ Sew BitterSweet Designs said...

These look so awesome!

Shanna said...

LOVE both!! I think the fabric choice was just perfect for this pattern, too!

sewkatiedid said...

They both turned out awesome. Some good fabrics in there.

Carrie P. said...

those quilts are perfect for boys.
My first quilt was a bowtie.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love these!!! My boy who loves to wear ties and bow-ties would love them too!

EMİNE KAYA said...

Merhaba
Çok güzel ve sevimli olmuşlar..

Jeannette said...

both are ;just great!!

Karen said...

They are great quilts Jessica. The fabrics are just perfect for boys. I have 1 son and I have lots of trouble finding fabrics that read 'boy'. Thanks for the inspiration.