Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daisychain ABCs Crewelwork Sampler

Daisychain ABC crewel sampler
A while back I saw a few bloggers working on this sampler and decided I really needed to have one myself :)  The pattern for this ABC sampler is by Alicia Paulson at Posie Rosy Little Things and I thought it was really cute!  Since the kits are sold out for this, I purchased just the pattern and ordered the same colors of crewel wool yarn and got started working.
Daisychain Sampler - up close
For some reason I've been doing quite a bit of crewel work lately... I found a cute bird crewel kit at the thrift store the other day and started work on that too... its been nice to have something small enough to take outside while I watch the kiddos play.
My favorite letters so far
Here are a couple of my favorite letters.  Some of them are so intricate and detailed, which I really like.  I've considered making another one on a different colored background, and maybe with some different crewel yarn colors.
Anyway, here is the link to purchase the pattern if you are interested and also a link to the Flickr group. Take care!- Jennifer

17 comments:

Anna said...

it's so pretty! I can't imagine how much work goes into this. beautiful

Heather said...

are you kidding me! it's just too good! ;)

X, H

Jeni said...

So beautiful! Love seeing there samplers all stitched up! :)

thea said...

Very very nice. I love the Q and the L .. actually they all are beautiful!

sjess said...

Ooooh--- I just bought this pattern last week and am working on it too! Its so pretty! I love sitting back with handsewing when the weather gets cooler, it just seems right!

**nicke... said...

i bought the pattern a while ago and am having a hard time finding the crewel wool to stitch it with. where did you find yours?

Linz said...

Oh heavens! That is the prettiest thing ever!!!!! I love it! This is the FIRST embroidery thing that I have looked at that actually considered learning how to embroider so I could make it! :)

maria elena said...

beatiful ! besos

twin fibers said...

Thanks everyone!
**nicke... - I bought my wool online at www.woolythread.com.

Patchwork and Play said...

Gosh-that's beautiful! I hadn't seen this sampler before, but maybe I need one! LOL!

Tabatha said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Chrystal said...

This is so neat and pretty! Thanks for the link, I just bought the pattern. I think it will be a fun tool in teaching my daughter the alphabet!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, what a sweet sampler. I have made a bunch in cross stitch.

Kristyne said...

Gorgeous! I gotta get started on mine too. Found the Flickr Group for motivation ;)

Faith Jones said...

I really love this sampler. And your stitching is fabulous (as usual!)

Leila said...

This is beautiful!

Elaine said...

What perfect stitching!! I am just starting mine.