Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along - week 18

Week #18 Blocks
It's week 18 already! I've missed a few weeks lately and it was time to pull these blocks out again and start working on them! I had forgotten how much fun they are to make.
#80  Single Wedding Star
#80 Single Wedding Star
#103 Whirlwind
#103 Whirlwind
#109 Windows
#109 Windows
Farmer's Wife Sampler blocks
Here they are all together... 38 of them so far!
I know, so of them look like they are upside down, but I took the picture from a different way than I thought I would when I was laying them out. :) It was windy out and I had to get a picture fast before they went flying all over!

I'm using fabrics out of my scrap bins for this quilt and I'm paper piecing most of the blocks now. You can find more about paper piecing and where to find the templates in this post, if you're interested.
~Jessica

14 comments:

Jana said...

These look wonderful. I can't believe it's already week 18.
Thanks for the lead to the paper piecing.

Karin said...

what is the fabric in ''whirlwind'' in the center? I have seen it around blogs in a couple colorways and I just LOVE that print! Gotta get me some! It reminds me of some rayon material I have from my grandma's stash that's probably from the 40's-50's :)

Bridget said...

Love these baked goods....that's how luscious they look to me! Amazing how they all seem cohesive, yet so different.

Angela {fussycut} said...

Awesome!

badlandsquilts said...

They look so fabulous all together!

Linz said...

Oh! Cute! I love ALL of your blocks!

onelittlethread said...

These are looking fantastic. I can't believe they are scraps

Carrie P. said...

wow, the blocks are great and it is so much fun to scan the section to see what each block looks like.
Love it.

Threeundertwo said...

Wow! Your blocks are gorgeous. I love your fabrics. I'm just getting started with this quilt.

Catherine said...

These are looking great! So bright and colourful all laid out together! Ihave just bought the book but have yet to start my blocks although I have chosen the fabrics.

Diane said...

Love the fabrics you chose for the Whirlwind block! The grey hope valley is perfect for the red print.

Nichole said...

all of those blocks look so pretty together!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Your blocks look great. I'm still using the templates. But I keep wondering if paper piecing would be easier...

Rachel Stevens said...

This is going to be beautiful! Well, it already is, but WOW...really inspiring. I loved meeting you this weekend, and now I am following your blog :)

Rachel (Fresh Lemons' Sister) LOL