Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Its a Swoon Quilt finish and a winner!

Swoon Quilt 
I'm sure this quilt is going to be a family favorite at my house... well, at least to me it is a favorite.  This past weekend I had some time to baste, quilt and bind my Swoon quilt.  I did end up trying straight line quilting and it worked pretty good - I used my even feed foot (walking foot) this time and let the machine do the work and it turned out beautiful.  Sorry the picture shows the quilt quite wrinkly, I had to steal it from the kids on the couch to take the pictures :)
Swoon Quilt closer
Another first for me was totally machine sewing the binding.  I usually hand sew the one side of the binding but since I was short on time, I machine sewed it instead.  I'm pretty sure I'll do this again as I don't mind the results and it was much quicker for me to do it this way.
Swoon Quilt back
Quilt Stats:
size: approx 76" square after washing
pattern: Swoon by Camille Roskelley
fabric: Loulouthi by Anna Maria Horner and Kona Snow;
backing and binding is Peacock Feathers by Amy Butler
pieced, quilted and bound by Jennifer

Now onto the winner of the Basic Grey Sampler and goodies...
the winner is #53!

Lisa E said...
I would love to win this. Your canvas is beautiful!

Thank you everyone for playing along with us-  Hope you have a wonderful day! - Jennifer

32 comments:

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Wow, it's so beautiful!!!

AnnieK said...

Gorgeous! I want to try this one, for sure!

Manda said...

Wow that is absolutely gorgeous!

Debbie said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I love Swooon & I absolutely love your rendition! SOOO beautiful! Nicely done!!

Lisa In Oregon said...

I love your Swoon! I especially like the straight line quilting close together...it looks like something I'd like to have on MY couch to snuggle with!

laura said...

Oh it looks fabulous!

Jennifer said...

This is completely beautiful - the colors are fantastic and the straight lining was totally a great choice, ill need to remember that when I get closer to being done with mine!

Lynn Brown said...

Oh my, this is quiltastic! I need to do a swoon myself.

Suburban Stitcher said...

The quilt is beautiful, and I'm happy to see that you bind your quilts the same way that I do! So much easier this way!

Linz said...

That is just SO SO SO beautiful!! Wonderful!

Erica said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I love the straight line quilting. I am almost halfway done with the blocks for my Swoon quilt, and I am so excited to see my quilt come together. I love the backing fabric that you chose as well.

Katy said...

that turned out just perfect!!!

tirane93 said...

i love it! the color choices and pattern make it a uniquely lovely quilt. great job!

Jeanie said...

Perfection! I just love it:)

Jacey said...

Stunning! It's such a gorgeous quilt in the lovely Loulouthi fabrics.

aksherry said...

This turned out beautiful!! I have the pattern but haven't even started on it yet.

Becky said...

Beautiful finish! Gorgeous.

Jessica said...

so gorgeous! I just love every swoon I see!

Alisa said...

It's beautiful! Very nice work.

Gidget said...

I just love the swoon pattern... and yours is beautiful!

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Gorgeous!! I wish I had one just like it. : )

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish! I LOVE that you had to take it from your kids to photograph it! It makes me sad to see quilts that aren't being used.

Melissa @ Sew BitterSweet Designs said...

Absolutely stunning! Congratulations on the finish!

Meredith Daniel said...

Straight line quilting was definitely the way to go. I love the way this turned out!

Tonni said...

Just beautiful!! Must put this on my list... and the bowties from your previous post. It would help if there were 48 hours in a day!

Modern Amish said...

Oh my gosh! This quilt is super cute! Its def a fav.

CJ said...

The quilt is GORGEOUS!!

Jeannette said...

I love your swoon quilt it is beautiful!!

Judith said...

This is a most beautiful quilt. I love this pattern.

Carrie P. said...

I love the pattern of this quilt. It is lovely.
Congrats to the winner.

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

I really really like this quilt! It's got beautiful traditional blocks and pretty modern fabrics. Totally my style. You did a great job!

Karen said...

I think you should make yourself anither one so you don't have to share. You quilt has turned out famously. It is such a fab pattern and you have used great fabrics.