Monday, September 5, 2011

Jane Market Bag

Jane Market Bag - pocket
So, maybe you've seen the Jane Market Bag a million times already, but this is the first time I've made one myself! It's such a great bag... it's large and the pockets on the front and back are going to be really handy.
Jane Market Bag
The Sewing Summit is coming up in a few weeks and I'm so excited to be attending that event! I think I'll pack this bag with some sewing projects to work on there in the evenings.
Jane Market Bag - inside
I made a couple of changes to the original pattern for this bag. I made the straps 7" longer and I used fusible fleece inside to give the bag a little more structure and weight. The fabrics are already a home decor weight, so the fusible fleece just gave it a little more body.
Jane Market Bag - corner
I really like the pin tucks that you make on the corners of the bag. I wasn't sure about them at first, but I think it will be great because the lining gets sewn into place and can't shift around anymore.
We're having a great extra long weekend here. My oldest two kids head back to school tomorrow and I'm not sure who's more excited... me or them?! ;)
~Jessica

12 comments:

Shannon said...

I love this bag and I love the fabrics yo chose! I really need to add this to my ever-growing list of things to make!

Jeni said...

It looks awesome! Love it in these fabrics! Now I need to make my Sewing Summit Jane Market Bag too!! :)

Cherie said...

I've been thinking about buying that pattern--love your fabric choices!

Michelle said...

love the bag, its just gorgeous! and a girl can never have too many bags right?

Isisjem said...

gorgeous bag!

Carla said...

I definitely love this bag! Great idea with the pin tucks. It helps the bag keep it's shape. I'll have to remember that for next time. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Jessica, I love this bag- I haven't made one yet either. I really like that it stands on its own. Great job!

Alli said...

What a cute bag! :)

Leslie said...

this is beautiful...i love the fabrics you chose....i have this pattern but have never made the bag. it must have been irresistible eye andy

Andrea said...

I love the fabrics chosen are beautiful

Carrie P. said...

Very pretty. I am really enjoying what I see on your blog. I am now subscribing.

Faith Jones said...

I have this pattern too (for FOREVER) and still need to make it. I love how yours turned out!