Friday, October 14, 2011

Pretty Paisley and Launch!

I've got a preview of some new fabric by Lesley Grainger! She contacted me earlier this year and asked if I'd like to make a quilt out of her Pretty Paisley collection and of course I said "yes"! The collection looks so bright and cheery but what I really like about it is that it's printed on flannel.
I've made a quilt with a flannel backing before and now I'm really excited to use it for a quilt top. I think it will be a super soft and warm quilt when I'm done.
Launch by Lesley Grainger
Lesley also has another collection coming out in November that's called Launch. This one is printed on a quilting cotton and looks to be perfect for anyone loving rockets and outer space! Too cute!
I hope you've liked the preview of some new fabrics today!

I'm working on a post about the Sewing Summit but I don't even know where to start. Hopefully I can figure something out over the weekend and put some thoughts down in a post. It was so much fun and I think I'm still recovering from very little sleep!
~Jessica

9 comments:

Kelsey said...

Those fabrics are beautiful!! I might have to make a flannel quilt of my own :)

Jacki said...

I love the purple/blue collection! I am sure you are going to make a beautiful quilt!!

Sonja said...

Love the green and red set! Beautiful!

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Oh a flannel quilt sounds so cozy- perfect for winter. Can't wait to see it!

It was such a pleasure meeting you at the SS Jessica- you are just as sweet and lovely as you seemed online. :)

Heather D. said...

I love all of these, but the first stack in particular! Mmmmm.

Val said...

Ooooh Launch is adorable! I can't wait for it to come out, it looks so perfect for a cute little boy quilt (or 5)!

Jacey said...

The blue/green/purple colorway is especially adorable! Have fun playing with the new fabrics!

It was great to meet you, Jessica!

Lindsay said...

I have a thing for paisley prints and I love flannel, so I'd say this fabric is for me. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Love,love the purple collection, will be buying that collection. Have the perfect pattern for a quilt for my little girl.
Cori
demoncori@aol.com