Wednesday, October 5, 2011

When I should be packing...

Fabric Pumpkins - stacked
I should be packing and cleaning up the house before heading off to the Sewing Summit tomorrow! But here I am writing a blog post about these fabric pumpkins I made a while ago for a friend. :)
Fabric Pumpkins - top
They turned out so cute and I'm planning on making a few for myself in the near future.
Fabric Pumpkins
There's a free tutorial for these found here. I made these three during one nap time... a quick and satisfying project for the afternoon.
image3
And this is a fall inspired patchwork that I put together this morning. I'm thinking it will be a pillow cover to go with the owl one but it may turn into a table topper.

I'm so excited to spend a weekend meeting lots of friends, learning and creating at the Sewing Summit! I have a lot to do before then, so I guess I better get off the computer and get to work! :) I look forward to sharing with you all about the Sewing Summit when I return.
Happy Sewing!
:) Jessica

13 comments:

Jacey said...

Ooh, I love your fall patchwork! Such lovely fabrics in there! I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Summit!

Melanie@Crafty Cupboard said...

Ha ha! I just made some fabric pumpkins too, but with far less awesome fall fabric. Have fun at the Sewing Summit, I'm jealous!

Momichka said...

Oh, how lovely!!! Those pumpkins are so adorable. Great job!

And lots of fun at the Summit.

Best,


Marija

Paty Z said...

The quilt is beautiful!! I´m jealous about the Sewing Summit but I hope you will tell us all about it. Have a lovely time!!!

Kristie said...

LOL! I should be packing, too! It's gonna be a late night tonight..... :)

Lisa In Oregon said...

The pumpkins are super cute!!

Debbie said...

darling pumpkins & quilt! Kinda wish I'd made plans to go to Summit too - have fun. Will be anxious to hear all about it!

**nicke... said...

love that fall patchwork. so pretty! it is rainy and gloomy today where i am... perfect fall weather!

kristastitched said...

love those pumpkins! i'm gonna check out that tute and maybe make some this afternoon. thanks so much for sharing! the patchwork is great, too, of course!

elizabeth said...

Have fun at the Sewing Summit! The pumpkins are darling. I need to make some : )

Cristin said...

Cute pumpkins!!!
Fabulous fall inspiration patchwork... and I am SO JEALOUS of ya'll going to the Sewing Summit!!! Have fun and I want to see lots of pics! I'm going next year!!!!

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

Hope you have fun at Summit! And I love the pumpkins. They look TASTY!! :)

Diane said...

Your fall themed patches are beautiful! And those pumpkins are adorable!