Friday, November 4, 2011

mini quilt challenge

three pears - b
Have you seen the mini quilt challenge that's going on over at amylouwho's blog? I had the pleasure of meeting Amy at the Sewing Summit and we were both in the Mini Quilt class led by Amanda. It sounds like Amy was as excited about mini quilts as I was after attending the class and she's challenging anyone who wants to join her to make a mini quilt to share in her Sew-and-Tell on November 11. (Please see this post if you'd like more information about it!)

I heard there may be some great prizes involved just to make it that much more fun!
three pears applique
So, here's some pictures of what I started working on for my mini quilt. I'm going to work on stitching these pears down and I'll see where it takes me. I'm not sure if this will end up as a pillow or a small quilt to hang on the wall, but I'm just having fun trying something out... and that's what it's all about!

three pears - a
I hope you'll join me in the Mini Quilt Challenge and make a little quilt just for fun!
~Jessica

21 comments:

notes of sincerity said...

Wasn't that such a fun class? I can't wait for Amy's mini quit challenge! :o)
Your pears are adorable. :o)
Have a nice weekend. :o)

Suburban Stitcher said...

what a lovely little quilt!

Michele said...

Love your pears!

Kristy said...

Love it! So pretty!

Angela {fussycut} said...

Whaaaat?? Cutest pears ever!!

Jeni said...

Seriously cute Jessica!! :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I have to agree with Angela; cutest pears ever!! I love that..

maria said...

I've been thinking about making a mini quilt and have been looking for some inspiration. I don't think I'll have time to join the challenge but look forward to seeing what others get up to.
Your pears are gorgeous, the fabrics suit the design so well.

Lynda said...

love those pears -

Katie Penfield said...

Love your pears!! What fabric is that, that you used?

Alisa said...

I like it so far!

Meg said...

This is going to be great! I am definitely going to make something for the challenge!

Modern Amish said...

Pears are adorable in Flea Market Fancy!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

Oooh, I love them! Especially the first one!!

kimland said...

oooh my, love the pears and using FMF is a bonus!

Angie said...

Those pears are gorgeous! Amanda's class was so inspiring...I need to get busy on some mini quilts, too.

CJ said...

I just saw a quilt done with pears like this at my not so LQS today. Is this a pattern or did you make it up? CUTE either way.

a little bit biased said...

Great looking pears! Love the fabrics! And are those tiny seeds in the middle made out of fabric??? They're tiny!

Tabatha said...

Your fabric choices for those pears are perfect, can't wait to see this mini complete!

Jane said...

Love the FMF pears!! The tiny seed is so perfect! Is there a pattern? Can't wait to see it finished!

Jacey said...

The pears are adorable! I can't wait to see your finished mini this week.