Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretty in Paisley all finished up!

Pretty Paisley Quilt - complete!
I'm really loving the quilt with the outer border being added on! I was so glad to be able to cut the border with same pattern placement going all around the quilt. See that row of blue flowers?
Pretty Paisley Quilt - corner

Pretty Paisley Quilt - hanging a
I chose a soft flannel for the backing too. This is going to be one warm quilt; perfect for the snowy days that are headed our way!
Pretty Paisley Quilt - hanging b
I quilted this one with mostly stippling and some loops in the pink paisley border. I also did some more decorative quilting in the flower panel. Now that it's all washed up, the stitching really sinks into the quilt and adds a subtle texture.
I hope you have a great weekend!
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: approx. 47" x 56"
fabrics: Pretty Paisley flannel by Lesley Grainger for Robert Kaufman
pattern: adapted from a pattern in "Simplify" by Camille Roskelley
Warm and White batting
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

18 comments:

Jackie said...

Beautiful finish!

Michelle said...

Love it!!!

Michele said...

Turned out so pretty! You are quick!

Jeni said...

Nothing like a flannel quilt! It turned out so pretty! Love the border! :)

jenclair said...

I love it!

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

That is such a fun and happy quilt- sure to be super snuggly!

Sharon Pernes said...

What a pretty quilt!

**nicke... said...

oh it looks so soft and cuddly! very cute!

clothedinpurple said...

Beautiful! The border sure changed the look of it - I love it!

Patchwork and Play said...

I love everything about this quilt! Hasn't the quilting made to so cuddly?!

Sigrun said...

Lovely quilt, so warm colors!

Patti said...

I absolutely adore this quilt which is really unusual for me as I usually like plainer things. But this is GORGEOUS MALORGEOUS.

Carrie P. said...

Wow! you whipped that up in a flash. It is beautiful!

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

It's beautiful! You make it seem to easy.

Hollie said...

Oooh that's so pretty. I really need to do a flannel backed quilt one of these days.

Angie said...

So beautiful! I've never tried flannel - I bet it is wonderfully cuddly. Gorgeous!!

Sartenada said...

Awesome quilt with refreshing colors.

Shannon McAvouy said...

This is awesome!!