Friday, December 2, 2011

a Pretty Paisley quilt

Pretty Paisley flannel fabrics
Early in November I received these gorgeous fabrics from Lesley Grainger. She's a wonderful surface designer and these are fabrics from her newest fabric collection called Pretty Paisley with Robert Kaufman. They are the most thick and soft flannel and I was so excited to get working with them!
Pretty Paisley fat quarters
There are two color stories in the collection and I'm using the Retro colorway. I thought it was warm and fall like and I just really liked these colors. There's a panel print and 8 coordinating prints. I threw these all in the wash (I find it helpful to pre-wash and dry flannel fabrics) and set out looking in some books for an idea for the quilt top.
Pretty Paisley panel squares
I knew I wanted to include the panel prints somehow and I had to cut carefully as I was limited by fq cuts of the other fabrics. That was part of the fun for me... trying to figure out what kind of design to make with a limited amount of fabric.
I'll be back on Monday to share what I came up with!

I hope you have a great weekend. I'll be busy making Christmas cookies and doing some shopping for gifts. December has surely snuck up on me fast and I'm a little (ok... a lot) behind in getting all my gifts together!
~Jessica
**and a special thanks to all of you who voted for my Three Pears Pillow in the Celebrate Color Needlepoint category! I'm so surprised and excited to have won. Thank you!

9 comments:

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

What fun! And flannel is so nice to work with. Enjoy.

Jeni said...

That flannel looks delicious! So snuggly :)

YAY! So glad you won! Congrats!

randi said...

so so pretty and colorful!

Patrícia | Rainhas da Costura said...

Nossa, ficou especialmente lindo, parabéns!
So pretty!

Shocking Hocking said...

gorgeous fabric - how good would it look made up into pj's? or a flannel robe with a hood?....

Shocking Hocking said...

ps congrats on your pear cushion win - i voted for it - it really is lovely

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

I love these fabrics and haven't heard of them before- thanks for the info. I've been looking for some flannel and would love to make something out of this.
Congrats on your win too! I loved your pears!

**nicke... said...

congrats on winning!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I love those flannels!! Especially the top one!

Congrats on winning the Celebrate Color contest! I love that pillow!!!