Friday, January 27, 2012

Brrr! baby quilt

Brrr! baby quilt - quilting
Well, things are starting to look up here at the end of this week. I finished up stitching the binding this morning, my little one is feeling better and the sun finally came out of hiding this afternoon!
Brrr! baby quilt
This stripe quilt is super simple in its design and I think the addition of the rick rack just makes it a little more special. It sure shows off the Brrr! fabrics and those cute little polar bears!
I've seen some other fun quilts around here, here & here, if you need some more stripe quilt inspiration.
Brrr! baby quilt - backing
The backing is mostly a red flannel that's been hanging around for awhile. I had to add a stripe of fabric in there to make it wide enough for basting and quilting.
Brrr! baby quilt - tree
I'm happy to have this one finished up as my first quilt of 2012!
Thanks for visiting with me!
~Jessica

quilt stats:
size: 42" x 46"
pattern: fabric dimensions and amounts are in this post, I'm sure at one time I saw this quilt and that's probably why I thought of adding in the white stripe between the prints.
fabrics: Brrr! by Laurie Wisbrun
Warm and White batting
pieced, quilted and bound by Jessica

27 comments:

Annelies said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Simple and perfect. What a great combination, what a GREAT inspiration!!!!

gingerkitty said...

The fabrics really look great together. I do think the ricrac sends it over the top. Lovely.
practicalquilts.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Fantastic use of a beautiful line! I just love the rickrack and where you placed it!

Richard Healey said...

I like that fabric line every thing I have seen made out of it looks fantastic.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Irina said...

I love it! I think that's my next quilt!!!

traceyjay said...

adorable!
The little rick-rack touches are just perfect. ♥

Alisa said...

I like it very much! The rick rack looks great!

Melissa @ Happy Quilting said...

It is beautiful Jessica!!! And I so love the rick-rack

Victoria Paige @ Boutique Uniquely said...

Super super cute! I love the ric rac.

GLÒRIA said...

I love your quil with ric rac!!!

Deb Prewitt said...

That turned out so cute. The fabric is adorable and the ric rac gives it a little bit of pop.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

It turned out so sweet! That ricrac idea is pure genius!!

Live a Colorful Life said...

So cute! I'm looking forward to having some of the fabric. And the ricrac was a genius addition

Anonymous said...

I just love this fabric and can't wait until it is stores here in Australia. Gill Dempster

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Very cute Jessica. The strip quilt lends itself so well to this fabric. Great job!

Kim said...

I absolutely, totally love that quilt, front and back!

Jacey said...

It's such a happy quilt, and a lovely first finish for the year!

rossana9041 said...

very cute!

Bruna said...

What a lovely quilt! These fabrics are so cute, and I really like the ricrac and flannel combination ;)

Terri said...

wow! This is really cool, it reminds me of winter so much. Great job, the flannel even make it look cozy!

Tatkis said...

Such a sweet, lovely quilt!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

stitchin' girl said...

So pretty!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Simple but gorgeous, love the colours :-)
Anne x

Jodi said...

OMG !! Your quilt is beautiful, cute, darling and totally awesome!! Love the back as well. Great job!

I'm a new follower and stopped by tonight as I know tomorrow is your turn on the Simply Charmed Blog Tour. So I'm all set and will be back tomorrow to see what your project is. See you then!

lemony lucy said...

Love the addition of the ric rac for a quilt. Heart those fabrics as well. Sort of kicking my self that I didn't buy some up from her shop when she still had them there.

Irina said...

Hi there! I made it and I love it! thanks so much for sharing it. I linked your post here:
http://el-petit-taller.blogspot.com/2012/02/freshly-made-recent-fet.html

Little Greenwood said...

I have spent all morning searching for a 'neutral' quilt to sew for my pregnant friend. This will be my first quilt and thank you for introducing me to Laurie Wisburn fabrics - love, love, love!!