Friday, January 27, 2012

Happenings this week...

binding
I quilted and am working on the binding on this one. I hope to be able to finish it up today. I backed it with a super soft flannel. That just seemed appropriate with the polar bears on the front.
Ruby Heartwarmer
And I start a new knitting project. It's called a "heartwarmer"... sort of like a buttoned on shawl for a baby or toddler. I really enjoyed making it. There were some new terms I had to figure out and it gave me something to do while taking care of a little one with the flu. That sure does seem to be going around our area the past few weeks.
I'll be back soon with my first quilt finish of 2012!
~Jessica

5 comments:

Jennifer @ Ellison Lane Quilts said...

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! :)

Frances said...

I love the look of this quilt. Where do you get your flannel from? I've recently bought some flannel for a project but it doesn't look or feel that great. Are there different types?

Domina said...

Can't wait to see the finished quilt! I find it interesting that I sew my binding from right to left and you do it left to right. :) Guess I assumed everyone did it the way I do!

Jacey said...

Sorry to hear about the sickness. I hope your little one feels better soon!

I love that you backed the Brrr! project with flannel.

I love the texture of your heartwarmer project. Gorgeous!

LimeRiot said...

I absolutely love the colors in that quilt!! I can't wait to see the finished project :).