Saturday, January 14, 2012

Snow Days

snow day
Well, we finally have some snow and enough of it to make everyone happy!
The kids woke up happily on Friday to a day off of school because of it all. We may have even turned on a little Christmas music because now it really looks and feels like winter!
snow day
It really has been beautiful the past two days. The snow has hung on every branch and big, puffy snowflakes have fallen all day.
playing in the snow
K could quite possibly be the world's best sister and cousin. She pulled the little ones in the sleds to wherever they wanted to go.
working on the trip around the world
I've had a chance to add a few more rows to the trip around the world quilt. And those are the bookshelves my husband and I finished up over the Christmas break... all thanks to a pin on Pinterest.  I don't know about you, but I find so many things I'd love to do around the around the house all because of Pinterest.
brr! fabrics by Laurie Wisbrun
fabrics are Brr! by Laurie Wisbrun
And I've been thinking a lot about what to do with these beauties! I'm thinking of something Scandinavian inspired... but I have to sketch out some more ideas before I settle on one.
I hope you're having a wonderful weekend as well!
~Jessica

9 comments:

LimeRiot said...

It snowed here in Seattle today too! It's just lovely. Enjoy :).

The fabrics aren't beautiful and inspiring.

Richard Healey said...

I live in Salt Lake City, UT and we have no snow. Oh why cant some of that come my way. On your pile of fabrics is that a bear on the 4th one down? They look nice.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com

Shocking Hocking said...

the snow looks so peaceful - you have a wonderful view from your window.

Miss Holly said...

oh... I so so so want snow.......I love it!!! and I also love your around the world quilt...just beautiful!!!

diplofam said...

the snow looks beautiful! no snow in Bermuda--just lots of wind and rain--sometimes I imagine the rain turning into snow! I will watch to see what you do with the Laurie Wisbrum fabrics--especially what you do with the large prints! Blessings!
Carin

Meg said...

Ooohhh, I love the bookcase! Very nice!

April (Polkadot Sparrow) said...

That trip around the world top is looking pretty good! And your bookcases have inspired my husband and I. I showed them to him and said, "Not that we have any place for that," and he immediately came up with an idea for our dining room. The scheming begins. Thank you so much for sharing your topper and the bookcases! :)

Alison said...

Hi, loving the quilt. I also love the pillow with the flowers at the bottom of the picture. Do you have a pattern for it? would be perfect for a present.

Sonia B said...

I love your shelves. I looked at that pin too . . . someday. I especially love your stacks of quilts on your bookshelves . . . lovely!